Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dorcy Jr blue ray help

OK guys I apologize  for being such a noob ;D
But i just ordered the dorcy jr kit from darkhorse, and a 405nm PHR-803T Blu Ray Laser Diode
about the the drlava's flex drive witch one do i get im confused on the present current one and the regular one witch do i get ?
I plan on running this laser at 110ma.

daguin

elitesniper said:
OK guys I apologize  for being such a noob ;D
But i just ordered the dorcy jr kit from darkhorse, and a 405nm PHR-803T Blu Ray Laser Diode
about the the drlava's flex drive witch one do i get im confused on the present current one and the regular one witch do i get ?
I plan on running this laser at 110ma.

If you already know that you want to run it at 110mA, then get it pre-set at 110mA

Peace,
dave

i am confused about the dummy load...How do you know what you set the current to when hooked up to it? I know this sounds prolly stupid. Sorry in advance hah

ccamory said:
i am confused about the dummy load...How do you know what you set the current to when hooked up to it? I know this sounds prolly stupid. Sorry in advance hah

The dummy load just "pretends" to be a diode.. You can measure the current running through the resister on the dummy load, and then adjust the flexdrive to set it at whatever you want. If you hook your flexdrive up to power without a diode, or dummy load, you will most likely fry it.

Usual dummy load picture follows.... ::)

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• test_load01_003.jpg
    test_load01_003.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 141

daguin

hevnsnt said:
[quote author=ccamory link=1230345011/0#4 date=1230823962]i am confused about the dummy load...How do you know what you set the current to when hooked up to it? I know this sounds prolly stupid. Sorry in advance hah

The dummy load just "pretends" to be a diode.. You can measure the current running through the resister on the dummy load, and then adjust the flexdrive to set it at whatever you want.  If you hook your flexdrive up to power without a diode, or dummy load, you will most likely fry it.[/quote]

You need to use a multi-meter to measure the "voltage" across the resistor. mV = mA You adjust the driver until your multi-meter reads the amount of mV you want in mA. If I want my 6X to get 200mA of current, I adjust the current through the dummy load so that I am measuring 200mV across the resistor.

Peace,
dave