Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

don't tell PETA!

this is what I'm talking about j/k

goliath.jpg

and they taste terrible

images101.jpg

daguin

Niko said:
chris-hansen.jpg

Any complaints?

Why don't you please take a seat over there?

Thank you. I will.

NOW we'll get something done about this

Peace,
dave

jander6442 said:
this is what I'm talking about j/k

goliath.jpg

and they taste terrible

images101.jpg

Is that a tarantula? Those spiders do not bite, they just release hair which can irritate skin.

daguin

Niko said:
Is that a tarantula? Those spiders do not bite, they just release hair which can irritate skin.

Of course they bite. Most of them have venom that is not exceptionally poisonous to humans, but venom is how they incapacitate and begin the digestive process of the internal organs of their prey. Some can also release body hairs as a defense mechanism. Also SOME "tarantulas" have VERY poisonous venom.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=Niko link=1238682014/20#20 date=1238775164]

Of course they bite.  Most of them have venom that is not exceptionally poisonous to humans, but venom is how they incapacitate and begin the digestive process of the internal organs of their prey.  Some can also release body hairs as a defense mechanism.  Also SOME "tarantulas" have VERY poisonous venom.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Then I was wrongly taught for more than 6 years :(

Wikipedia tells me they do bite but as you said, they're not dangerous to humans unless they present an allergic reaction to the venom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula#Venomous_Bites

daguin

Niko said:
Then I was wrongly taught for more than 6 years :(

You should sit down here with me.

We are going to write a letter to someone

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=Niko link=1238682014/20#20 date=1238775164]

Of course they bite.  Most of them have venom that is not exceptionally poisonous to humans, but venom is how they incapacitate and begin the digestive process of the internal organs of their prey.  Some can also release body hairs as a defense mechanism.  Also SOME "tarantulas" have VERY poisonous venom.

Peace,
dave[/quote]
psss! Dave You know that 500mW blue crossed your mind as a frontline staple in the war on household pest. :cool:
Don't tell Niko He might send Chuck on us........... Great way to critter control and stay at the workbench :)

Razako

I hate spiders. Whenever I see one in the house I get rid of it by any means necessary. Aerosol+lighter, rubber bands, my 500mw green laser, the good old book/foot/paper towel crush and even high voltage. It depends on my mood and where the spider is. If they're in my room they're in trouble. I usually put them on top of my Tesla Coil and turn it on. Basically their body acts as a breakout point and they get fried in spectacular fashion. In the concrete basement I just get a can of axe+lighter and eliminate them and their webs flamethrower style ;D

daguin

jander6442 said:
psss! Dave You know that 500mW blue  crossed your mind

Shhhhhh!  

Don't tell anyone else.

We're kind of keeping it a secret

It's not really blue

It's ~405nm

It's violet

I know

Violet is a bit of a sissy color

Unfortunately, "blue" (~473nm) was already taken

We tried calling it "truonka" for awhile, but the women wouldn't let us make up colors like they do.

Don't tell them I said that, OK?

Peace,
dave

Dave I don't know what your taking but I would love to get a small sample from you please ;D ;D ;D

I dislike spiders quite a bit. I'd rather not kill them because I hate being able to feel them crunch and explode :-/ disgusting. I kindly (but firmly) tell them to GTFO but they simply won't listen :(

HumanSymphony said:
I dislike spiders quite a bit. I'd rather not kill them because I hate being able to feel them crunch and explode :-/ disgusting. I kindly (but firmly) tell them to GTFO but they simply won't listen :(

Then start shouting, maybe they're going deaf

iewed

If it bothers me to a certain extent I kill it. That goes for everything beneath the sun.