Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

Re: DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

Igor --

That picture was with a 3' beam path and the lens focused to average both LD's.  I'd say the blob was about 0.375".... Not a burner but fun to try.

Mike

WahHK

Hi Daedal,

How is the progress of this group buy? Have the diodes arrived to you yet?
Thanks~

Wah!

Daedal

Hey Wah...

The diodes were shipped 2-day on the 21st. I would expect them on Monday or so :)

--DDL

Abray

Hey, I am going to do a DIY soon, and might want to do it with a blu-ray...

are you still ordering them and testing them as a large group or should i do that on my own?

Abray

Thanks DDL.

As for my project, I've read in many places that you have done several of these with blu ray diodes. I'm new to lasers, so I NEED HELP!! I am very interested in creating a blu ray project, but as I said, I need help. I am sending you PM about this.

Thanks for any help,

Alex

Ok, so the diodes were shipped to you to put together. So approximated ETA would be two/three-ish weeks tops? I'm just asking so I can make a timeline for my projects in addition to school work and track conditioning.

Daedal

I still have not gotten the diodes yet. Once I do get them, it will only take me a week's worth of work to get through the whole bunch of salvaging/press-fitting into the modules. Although, AixiZ has done it again to me as well... I ordered TWICE! and still have nothing. I finally got them to agree to ship me the complete set TODAY!!! After a month of waiting :eek: :eek:

Either way, it's no worry about the AixiZ shipment since the diodes shipment hasn't arrived yet. It seems that they might be held up somewhere or the other, but they originally shipped out on the 22nd, and were sent out with 2 days shipping. Once here the orders will be divided out and processed for the fastest ship-out possible.

Thanx;
DDL

DDL --

Did this lot get through customs yet ?? I'm turning blu waiting for my blu ;D

Mike

Daedal

Sorry, been out most of the day :-[

Well... first thing I honestly have to say is... you ready for this? ... You sure? ... Well... THEY'RE HERE!! ;D ;D

Amazing!! :D :D :D

Ok... now the hard work starts... ;D

I'll get these split up, packed up, salvaged and worked as necessary, and send them out ASAP :) Promise :D

--DDL

DDL --

I was going to say that you'll be snowed in all weekend like me -----
Then I remembered --- You are in FL :mad:
Nice for you -- we're getting snow and freezing rain right now.

Mike

All right! Now to wait for the barrels to arrive.

Daedal

Guys... I just need to say something...

The salvaging is REALLY tedious! :-[

Not doing too well either... I used all the salvage 'profits' to buy extra units in case I end up killing some during the process... and frankly, I don't think I will be breaking even. :-/

So... Most of the work is done, but I'm REALLY noticing how damn sensitive these diodes are now for real. It seems the new AixiZ modules are not the same as the older ones. They're a bit tighter and I've had a few get ruined during the pressing. For those that are not ordering the diode salvaged already... good luck :-X

Now I'm back to the hot seat.

--DDL

You should add a "charge for work" because you have to do it by hand. Unless you already do that then I'll be quiet. Either way, yeah, I noticed how hard it is to remove the diode by hand because I ordered a sled from eBay and had to remove it. It was pretty evil. And that was just one.

Good luck man.