Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DONE ***  BluRays again ;)  *** DONE

Daedal

Re: ***  BluRays again ;)  ***

Oh... you bet :D :D

From the last GB I didn't keep myself any diodes since people kept asking for them even after the GB was over... and being the nice guy that I am ::) I sold all of mine but 2... and now I'm left diode-less... so I'm making sure I keep a good chunk this time... and once ordering is done... it's done! :p

--DDL

I've got two diodes sitting on my table just begging for juice. With any luck I will have 3 working blu-raysers when i am finished. I suspect I will fry at least one of them. How many do you have in your graveyard?

WahHK

I hope/wish I won't destroy any diodes that I have ordered :eek:

Daedal

yobresal said:
I've got two diodes sitting on my table just begging for juice. With any luck I will have 3 working blu-raysers when i am finished. I suspect I will fry at least one of them. How many do you have in your graveyard?

Me? LOL!!! ::)

I'd rather not say... Is that an option? :-[

I got in on BluRays when they first showed up at $100+ a pop... :eek: Killed 4 before I got one working. :( (It was the determination to get one working above anything else really... ) And the diodes really do seem to be becomming more and more resilient as opposed to the ones before... :D

I then proceeded to keep a unit working until it burns out... and then experimented with other diode sources... and ya... the 'graveyard' is just getting more and more blue ;D

The lucky ones are the ones who get to learn now at $30 a piece... ;)

--DDL

disma

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but I have looked, and havnt found anyone that has said which regulated circuit is the best for these diodes.

So what circuit is the best for driving one of these? ddls circuit? I see some people useing a 7805, some useing other regulators, some ddls circuit. who hasnt killed one with thier circuit? ::) ?? anyone? just trieng to decide wich circuit is best.. :-?
and thinking about rolling myself up in aluminum foil along with the table to work on it! :eek:

Max

Daedal

;D

The 'DDL' circuit is your best bet. :)

Use a 9V battery as your supply, a 10-Ohm resistor, and a 100-Ohm pot ;)

GL;
DDL

disma

ok, thanks! I just ordered 10 lm317t's, hopefully, I can parrellel some of them to run my 2w 808 diode as well.
;)

Max

@DDL, in many ways you have taken one for the team (to be more exact a number of ones for the team). It is due to you reporting your failures and successes, that makes it possible for the rest of us to stand a good chance of first time success. For that I thankyou....(and SenKat, and Mike...and Gazoo....and.. well you know what I mean :)).

Regards rog8811

disma

I second that, rogg! I had no idea these were that sensitive when I first saw them on ebay a few months ago, it woulda really been bad if I would have ordered one of those for 400 and killed it! :mad:

Max

disma

I had a funny thought. :cool: Maybe if enough people get these, sony will think they are dieng, and will underate them, so we can push them harder? lol! ;D ;D

Max

hey daedal, i might buy one of these from you i should get my other BR diodes in a day or so, im selling it

Daedal

rog8811 said:
@DDL, in many ways you have taken one for the team (to be more exact a number of ones for the team). It is due to you reporting your failures and successes, that makes it possible for the rest of us to stand a good chance of first time success. For that I thankyou....(and SenKat, and Mike...and Gazoo....and.. well you know what I mean :)).

Regards rog8811

Thank you very much for your kind works Rog. :)

This forum has been an excellent learning and sharing experience that has further fueled my passion for lasers and was a gateway to meet some of the best people I have even met online or in person. :)

Thanx;
DDL

Daedal

toked323 said:
hey daedal, i might buy one of these from you i should get my other BR diodes in a day or so, im selling it

What do you mean you're selling it? The bare diode? ;D

--DDL

no i have a case and everything complete, im puting it on ebay for 150$, thats a good price