Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Donations

Razako

The forum was definitely more lively and full of awesome members a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the <5mW enforcement ban that happened in 2014 drove many people away looking into other hobbies. Quite a shame seeing as we are slowly losing many long time members :(

-Alex
I could see that considering it was a laserglow add in popular science that got me into this hobby. Without that add I probably never would've known about the laser hobby. In my life I've really only seen one other person with even a green laser and it was an instructor using it to teach. Also despite how much we all hate on wicked here, they were a pretty good recruitment tool to get people into lasers. Now both wicked and laserglow no longer ship >5mw into the US.

Last edited:

I do something small each month, not much but every month.

I think a lot of people have gone or are busy in these troubled times and I know the SciFi ordeal hurt things, I am hoping that dead end banner comes down soon, I ignore it but passers by I bet get a bad vibe from it being a dead end.

General interest in lasers has just declined. For a time, in part due to Wicked, and all the ads, and news stories, there was a greater interest, especially as it somewhat, kind of, coincided with star wars and everyone wanted a lightsaber.

Now that they are cheap enough (under $80) to order from china, but are also known to be dangerous, we're reached a point where lasers have become boring. That is with most people still never having seen more than just a green laser.

The trolls certainly don't help, but I don't think they account for much of why it's been quieter here. The dead banner link also isn't as much on an issue anymore. People are so used to being bombarded with ads that another really doesn't phase them much.

Razako

I do something small each month, not much but every month.

I think a lot of people have gone or are busy in these troubled times and I know the SciFi ordeal hurt things, I am hoping that dead end banner comes down soon, I ignore it but passers by I bet get a bad vibe from it being a dead end.
The Sci-fi add is definitely obnoxious. It's not a huge issue for me, but every time I'm posting here I need to look at it and I'm reminded of the 2 months of stress caused by Eitan. There are lots of good laser companies out there and instead we're stuck with the dead link of a huge scam company. I'm also not sure why he hasn't been banned yet despite being the biggest scammer in forum history. He's not terrible active, but it would bring closure to a lot of people I'm sure.

Last edited:
He hasn't been banned only because it would close another avenue for communication with him. Of course we don't know how many people outside of LPF he's scammed, but it doesn't seem like he's tried to do anything good, since to me.

If mods were to check whether he's been PMing with people, see that he hasn't and ban him, that would be good. In they can also just put him deep into negative rep territory at the same time, that would be good.

Since we're giving out life lessons here I'll give you a few that you badly need.
1. You're the loser and troll. A few quick views of your posts show that you do nothing but bitch about things you know nothing about and are not laser related. All of your posts are garbage and everyone sees that.
2. If you lost all of your rep you would have a heart attack so don't go around acting like it means nothing. You bark orders at the mods on PM and scold them for not being quick enough to satisfy your schedule.
3. Talk about insults just look at your bs. Especially in the religion thread. You're the one who needs to insult any and everyone you come across.
4. I ain't visiblegreen lol but keep blaming him for every troll on here works for me.
See you around infinite fat bahaha
Go post another meaningless pic in the religion thread

Really, the best you can do is regurgitate what you are told?

I do find it funny that you would call anyone fat, given that your fat ham arms alone could feed a small african village.

MarkLickingPlunger.jpg

Or how you keep fixating on rep. It was you, not I, who claimed not to care about it. :crackup:

Really, the best you can do is regurgitate what you are told?

I do find it funny that you would call anyone fat, given that your fat ham arms alone could feed a small african village.

MarkLickingPlunger.jpg

Or how you keep fixating on rep. It was you, not I, who claimed not to care about it. :crackup:

It appears to be a regurgitation doesn't it but in reality you said exactly what you are.

You never said you don't care about rep did ya? Well lookie here fatass.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/lpf-96114.html#post1397837

You are the very definition of hypocrite and the fact that you cannot see it is both sad and pitiful.

Last edited:
:crackup: What looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and craps like a duck? That's right, Tech Flunkie!

Unable to move on after 3 years, and still unable to contribute anything positive to anyone.

See, it doesn't just appear that way, it is in fact "that way". What exactly you're trying to achieve by literally saying what I said, again, is questionable. Then again, that misspent youth, being a third rate bouncer for a pimp, the drugs, and getting your spine cracked probably did mess with your head somewhat.

Still living off of disability and the oldest (wo)man you can find to mooch off of?

My God, I just wanted to say that folks need to donate more IF THEY CAN and it turned into a crap tornado. I know I was a bit strong in my wording, but heck what have we become. Let the trolls die and let's just get on with the laser stuff. Next in line for me is a 7w just as soon as I can get Flaminpyro to make me a 1lb copper heatsink. :drool:

My God, I just wanted to say that folks need to donate more IF THEY CAN and it turned into a crap tornado. I know I was a bit strong in my wording, but heck what have we become. Let the trolls die and let's just get on with the laser stuff. Next in line for me is a 7w just as soon as I can get Flaminpyro to make me a 1lb copper heatsink. :drool:

Thank you for this. I just want to talk about lasers here. It is so much easier to just ignore the trolls than respond and argue.

I just built a NUBM44 and the driver is a little busted. It currently only runs for about 5 seconds at a time and shuts off. I'm pretty sure its my fault though :shhh:
I have a new driver coming in but wont be able to install it until I get back from a 2 week trip. The beam of this diode is amazingly clear during the day and looks almost solid at night! Love this baby even if it doesn't quite work well(yet).

Someone find me a real optical engineer for laser optics who will do consulting work without charging too much (I know, that is relative to both my wallet and the amount of work required) and I will donate 20 dollars to the forum.