Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does it works to put together some IR-lasers, to fool the police?

HIMNL9

Is Italy run the by the Greens?

Much much worse ..... we have some criminals (in the sense of peoples condemned for reates, with definitive sentences) as politicians, and an undefined being that claim to be human, but act as opposite, as premier (and also all the oppositions are more or less on the same levels :p)

BTW, i also like speed cameras ..... fried :eg: :eg: :eg:

Last edited:

Much much worse ..... we have some criminals (in the sense of peoples condemned for reates, with definitive sentences) as politicians, and an undefined being that claim to be human, but act as opposite, as premier (and also all the oppositions are more or less on the same levels :p)

Oh you have a Kleptocracy. A lot of our local governments in the US and some states like Illinois are also run by the crooks and for the crooks. You get rid of one, and the voters will actually elect another one.

DTR

Somebody should make a laser jammer that works with a gps system. Write a nifty program that figures the speed limit of the road you are on and the speed you are traveling and whenever you are going say 5 miles over the speed limit it comes on and when you brake for that pesky cop it will turn back off when you go under 5 over.:D

they sell laser jammers here for jamming the cops gun , i have a question would a 1w laser pointer fry the dammed lens of a red light camera? i got nailed for $500 making a right turn i want to burn that camera but it is steel !!!!!

Last edited:

HIMNL9

^ Uhm ..... i don't know in L.A., but here the problem may be another ..... here, near any similar device, there is at least one more or less hidden cam that film the zone 24/7, for see who destroy the speeder (cause it's already happened, and so they placed survey cams everywhere)

The problem is not if ou can burn the camera, is how much time they need to ring your door bell with the bills after ;)

X FLY

they sell laser jammers here for jamming the cops gun , i have a question would a 1w laser pointer fry the dammed lens of a red light camera? i got nailed for $500 making a right turn i want to burn that camera but it is steel !!!!!

From a decend distance (pretty close, maybe 2-5m) yea a 1W blue laser would probably fry the cameras sensor quite easily :) but like HIMNL9 stated on his reply you could get caught easily if you're not careful.

^^ That might work in daylight but what happens when it's dark or on an overcast day.

@MICKIN310 Don't get caught using a laser jammer they are illegal in Cal. and a bunch of other states. You will get a nasty fine and your jammer confiscated.

Benm

and ALL THE TIMES they do something for "increase traffic safety", guess what they do ? ..... INCREASE FINES !! ..... not a single time you can hear or read "we have increased safety repairing a street", or similar

Same thing here in holland, although at some point the govermnent just admitted that increasing the fines was required to make the national budget meet. To me thats a clear enough signal that those fines are by no means intended to prevent people from speeding or parking in the wrong spot, but just another measure to increase internal revenue.

As far as jammers and such go: In holland its illegal to have a radar detector or laser jammer. GPS-based solutions are alowed though, so drivers are alerted to fixed camera's and spots where mobile units are positioned frequently.

The laser gun is not the most common detector here, but there are some countermeasures on the market that are legal to use, although i doubt they would be 100% effective.

One such system is on (i believe) Nissan cars, and it is used to keep the distance from the car before you equal, like and adaptive cruise control. Another system is an automatic gate opener that works by sending a laser pulse back when once is recieved from the gate.

These systems have been tried in court, and found to be legal, since they clearly have another purpose than just interfering with laser speed guns.