Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Does anyone's diode died?

RDTech

OK, just to show that nobody is perfect, I had built a home made power supply and used my typical colored Teflon wires. I was wearing safety goggles and hooked up, not to the new PS input, but right through the LD (445nm) The Bench Power Supply was set to 10v @ 2.9A. It didn't even have the courtesy to go LED. All/some wires look the same when first off, you have trouble seeing, second, try and use protective RED goggles to see multiple RED wires - I'm an idiot, but learned a $50 lesson

daguin

OK, just to show that nobody is perfect, I had built a home made power supply and used my typical colored Teflon wires. I was wearing safety goggles and hooked up, not to the new PS input, but right through the LD (445nm) The Bench Power Supply was set to 10v @ 2.9A. It didn't even have the courtesy to go LED. All/some wires look the same when first off, you have trouble seeing, second, try and use protective RED goggles to see multiple RED wires - I'm an idiot, but learned a $50 lesson
This needs to be posted here

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/learn-mistakes-can-happen-anybody-50044.html

Peace,
dave