Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

does anyone know where to get a 575 or 561nm dpss laser module (has to be small enough to fit in a pointer, and any power is fine starting from 1mw)

Neither place has any in stock right now. I have one of the 545 line units, just with the line lens removed. Thick anodization so polarity isn't an issue. Dimensions are a mess but I was able to jam it into a cheap pen.

gazer101

561nm seems to be an affordable wavelength, but for me I only start to see "yellow" after 570nm...
anything below that looks like piss green

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
561nm definitely never used to be an affordable wavelength. And I’m not 100% sure on those modules. If they are 561nm using the same dpss process then we’ve stumbled on a bargain and accessible supply. Even saw a 561nm laser presenter for sale.

Sowee7

after looking some more, i found 543nm , 551nm , 555nm , 561nm , 571nm and 575nm modules

we may have found an easy to access suply of yellow / yellow-green laser modules

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It depends on the availability and whether their prices and specs are correct on the listing. Optlasers tends to be reliable. Haven't come across the other one before. I am doing some more research into them and I will be contacting Optlasers regarding the 565/575 modules. I may not be able to own them anytime soon, but will be able to check their availability and hopefully cost.

Encap

Sowee7 said:
after looking some more, i found 543nm , 551nm , 555nm , 561nm , 571nm and 575nm modules

we may have found an easy to access suply of yellow / yellow-green laser modules
Maybe? Remains to be seen if quality is any good/has improved or if they still have same disadvantages and quality problems with the crystals and the product as back in late 2018 when LPF members were getting a few low cost pieces.
Too good to be true usually is. That Zraffleticket says neither company have any in stock is not a good sign that there actually is any product supply.

However even if marginally OK for hobby, stage, lawn and holiday image projector purposes, sure beats the eBay beyond ripoff Massachusetts reseller bandits who want $350.00 for a 551nm module and clipped you for $500.00 for a 550nm module that Lasence sells for $10 to $18. Those guys are far worse than the worst ripoff Chinese reseller that I have ever seen. Is equivalent to reselling a $10 532nm laser 303 for $350.00 --yikes
eBay bandit listing 1pc @ $350.00 : https://www.ebay.com/itm/551nm-Yell...485008?hash=item28a7c655d0:g:5RwAAOSw7Ztf45cU
Lasence listing for same item 1 pc $18.00 : https://lasence.en.alibaba.com/prod...?spm=a2700.shop_plser.41413.17.5ada1d44cKBFrn

lasence is legit. They're just suffering the same crystal shortage opt is.
Of course they are legit companies but making money is business priority #1, especially for a Chinese company whose workers usually have to work at 2X to 3X the speed of western workers in order to remaim employed, and so far these modules are a dud and a problems in those respects, so far.
Sounds like the same quality, crystal problems, reliability, and production repeatability/new product development problems song as 2 years ago.

Would assume those modules are not a business priority for them as the can make a lot more money a lot quicker/faster on other proven fully developed products with already established strong markets for those products
Would guess nothing is going to change much in the near future. The modules are on a "slow boat", it seems.

Last edited:

Sowee7

Maybe? Remains to be seen if quality is any good/has improved or if they still have same disadvantages and quality problems with the crystals and the product as back in late 2018 when LPF members were getting a few low cost pieces.
Too good to be true usually is. That Zraffleticket says neither company have any in stock is not a good sign that there actually is any product supply.

However even if marginally OK for hobby, stage, lawn and holiday image projector purposes, sure beats the eBay beyond ripoff Massachusetts reseller bandits who want $350.00 for a 551nm module and clipped you for $500.00 for a 550nm module that Lasence sells for $10 to $18. Those guys are far worse than the worst ripoff Chinese reseller that I have ever seen. Is equivalent to reselling a $10 532nm laser 303 for $350.00 --yikes
eBay bandit listing 1pc @ $350.00 :

Of course they are legit companies but making money is business priority #1, especially for a Chinese company whose workers usually have to work at 2X to 3X the speed of western workers in order to remaim employed, and so far these modules are a dud and a problems in those respects, so far.
Sounds like the same quality, crystal problems, reliability, and production repeatability/new product development problems song as 2 years ago.

Would assume those modules are not a business priority for them as the can make a lot more money a lot quicker/faster on other proven fully developed products with already established strong markets for those products
Would guess nothing is going to change much in the near future. The modules are on a "slow boat", it seems.
i have the same 550nm module that the ebay guy was selling for $500 ive had it for a few months and its still working fine

kecked

I never had the problem and mine from 2018 are doing fine. The new ones too but I run them very little. Ps I’m not jumping hoops for anyone and offered a couple to be nice. You want one 120.00 via PayPal. I’ll sell 2. They will be 560-565 ish I pick. Sorry I’m keeping the one 571 I got out of the batch. I tried to contact david at lasence and his email bounced. I’ll try again. It’s about as round as a quarter and about 2” long. Look upsuckpits post for specs and pictures. This is a one and done sale. I hate shipping stuff. I would have added them to the selem raffle. F sarscov2

Sowee7

I never had the problem and mine from 2018 are doing fine. The new ones too but I run them very little. Ps I’m not jumping hoops for anyone and offered a couple to be nice. You want one 120.00 via PayPal. I’ll sell 2. They will be 560-565 ish I pick. Sorry I’m keeping the one 571 I got out of the batch. I tried to contact david at lasence and his email bounced. I’ll try again. It’s about as round as a quarter and about 2” long. Look upsuckpits post for specs and pictures. This is a one and done sale. I hate shipping stuff. I would have added them to the selem raffle. F sarscov2
please can u send a pic in chat?

kecked

suckpits picture of the modules.jpg same module. I bought them from him.
I saw lasence is selling 300mw 577nm modules so I send a message to see what they cost and if they modulate. I'm betting 2k.

kecked

I figured too good to be true. OPSL is the only game. Wish someone made those mini OPSL like the greens that were around a while back but in 577nm. I only want 100mw.

I would love to add a yellow 575-dpss to my small collection but they all seem to be very costly at the moment...

Sowee7

OK guys, I bought the lasence 561nm module and it works very well