Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone have any experience with meierlight?

I hooked up three AAA batteries in series for 4.5v and got it running. I need to make a variable power source for 0-5vdc...anybody know of a good schematic for a simple Analogue trigger source like this? I was thinking of using an LM317 or similar with a pot...my only concern would be going over the max 5vdc...anyone know if it would damage the PSU if you went a little higher than 5vdc? I am confident I can make a variable source that will go ner 5vdc but not too confident I can make it to where it doesn't go over 5vdc...a good schematic for something like this would be great if someone knows of one.

You don't need to worry too much about going a little over 5V, the input is clamped so it won't hurt the laser. Within reason of course.. you can definitely go a few volts over without damaging the driver.

Last edited:
Ok, so I put a 3.7v 16350 and a AA together for a nominal 5.2v...hooked into the trigger and got her up and running....I am on nights this week (work as a Hospitalist) so I am sleeping during the day and taking this laser with me to work at night...I just had a few minutes to run my USB 2.5w LaserBee before I left to work. It pegged just over 1830mw first run after about 20 seconds...I was in a hurry to get to work so that's all I did. I bet it will go higher and settle somewhere around 1850mw but I won't know until tomorrow wheni i get home. So far it seems it will do exactly what I hoped for, maybe even more. I did a rough measure of the beam at the aperture, it appears to be just at 2mm and at 8ft about 3mm, maybe a little less. When I get the chance this weekend to take it to my friends shop I will get a fifty foot measurement to get a better estimate of the rad.

One thing I can say is this is the brightest most brilliant laser I have ever seen. I have a 2.2w 445 which doesn't even come close to the appearance of this 532 at 1.8w

I am so tempted to shoot it out over the college campus again right now but I was a little freaked out by their security gaurd last night. My call room looks over the Cameron Universuty here in Lawton, OK and it's the only outdoor direction I can shoot it right now...I used to have fun screwing with people on the campus with my 30mw pen laser but clearly this would be too dangerous with this one...

Next week when I am off I am going to take it to the top of Mt. Scott here in SW OK and see how it looks at night and take some good pics.

Any idea how far this laser remains dangerous to the human eye? More than a mile? Anybody have some data on this? In the past we would take our 200-300mw handhelds up there and illuminate things on the ground in the wildlife refuge below, maybe a mile or further away...I am cautious to try that with this one where there might be people. There is a direction that is off limits to people so I may shoot it there towards the ground but before I do I want to know what the danger distance is with 2w....

ok, I have a .bmp file I want to upload from my LaserBee but it is too big. Anyone here know how I can make this work? It is the run for the 1800mw I just got in. It peaked at 1824mw and generally sits between 1790 and 1810mw. I ran it longer than the file I want to upload shows and the values are basically the same for a 20min run. No dropoff after a few mins as some a couple of people have reported with the DHOM systems. This one stays within 10mw of the target 1800mw for the whole run after about a 5 min warmup. In the first 5 mins it may have varied upto 20mw (24 if you count the peak reading).

So far I am very pleased with this unit.

I am having the same problems with uploading beamshots....the files are too big. I am not so computer saavy to know how to make the files smaller, I will need some help here if anyone wants to see some beamshots. Or I can email them to you.

Yes, but there has to be a way everyone else is able to get their pics to fit on this server....

Yes, but there has to be a way everyone else is able to get their pics to fit on this server....

Try google picnik online photo editor. I'm on the iPad right now so I can't walk you through the exact steps, but there is an image resize option. Just make sure you are under 800x600 to add them as an attachment.

http://www.picnik.com/

You can also store your photos on googles Picassa, then there is an edit button, that automatically opens them in picnik.

There are also many options to resize them on your computer depending on which OS you use. GIMP is a great open source option, but it can be a little overwhelming at first, which is why I usually recommend picnik first. :)

Last edited:
Well I placed my order for the 1,700-1,800mW 532nm analog model yesterday and fang said he is going to ship it out on the 27th (chinese new year). To effectively modulate the power I plan on using my mastech variable power supply but this is only going to be temporary set up.

Yeah, they don't advertise this one....gotta ask for it. Mine looks almost exactly as in the link posted above, at least the PSU does...I think the laser module on mine is a little longer though...hard to say for sure.

Sorry I haven't had the time to post my pics at one of the pic hosting sites, been really bust at work lately. Soon I will get around to it.

I did do another long test on it tough...ran it for an hour and it never dropped below 1785mw and averaged 1805mw. I also didn't have time to do a real measurement on the divergence yet, however, I did set it up at my parents last weekend in their back yard and point it across the yard to the fence which was 25 paces (25-30yds) and the circle was about one and a half inches at the 50% margin...