Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you like Samwu striker series and not like hakzaw1 <click here>

Tjfrost

Hey guys got a question just ordered the 1watt green 520nm striker series and wondering if the diodes burn out if you leave it on to long like the 5w and 7w blue laser diodes do... also has anyone got the samwu lightsaber kit and like it? because it looks a little flimsy and I have a wicked lazer arctic since it came out and always kicked myself for not getting the saber knowing it was the best and now it's gone for good along with my Jedi fantasies😣..o ya also dose anyone know <hakzaw1> is he think hes Forum police or something because I swear that guy has absolutely no life...

Attacking a
Hey guys got a question just ordered the 1watt green 520nm striker series and wondering if the diodes burn out if you leave it on to long like the 5w and 7w blue laser diodes do... also has anyone got the samwu lightsaber kit and like it? because it looks a little flimsy and I have a wicked lazer arctic since it came out and always kicked myself for not getting the saber knowing it was the best and now it's gone for good along with my Jedi fantasies😣..o ya also dose anyone know <hakzaw1> is he think hes Forum police or something because I swear that guy has absolutely no life...
Trying to attack a long time Veteran LPF Member
will not endear you to the Forum Community....
If you have problems with ANY LPF member
simply put them on your Ignore List or contact
the Forum Administrator.

Whining on the public Forum is not the way to
go if you like it here.......

Jerry

Hi T,
Yes Hak is a Wonderfull member all my dealings with his were flawless and smooth. He as a member contributes a ton of useful info here at LPF. Please dont take things to heart some here are very opinionated but helpful as Hak.
As to your question all lasers need a respectable duty cycle no matter whet diode is in there. Remember we use these diode way out of spec of what they are originally used for . So keep that in mind and your lasers will like you for it and last . My duty cycles are 30Sec on/60 sec off ,I dont burn things so mine are conservative only to test them on a LPM and they are fan cooled when I do for more than a longer cycle.
Enjoy your stay here and be safe you need safety goggles to lasers are not toys and deserve respect.

Rich:)

GSS

All 520's tend to run hot. 1W of 520 will run very hot and be equal I believe to 5 or 7 Watts of blue..
Sanwu might claim a great duty cycle but it's I believe because the driver's adjust and lower the power.

As for Hakzaw, he has a way and style with words that gets getting use too, BUT he's earned it with years of LPF service and posts.
He's a great guy and just a big misunderstanding. He just wants newbies to be polite and be get to known. More for to give helpful info,, as he always asks for a general location which makes a huge difference with steering people the right way..
He's also somewhat i'll and has been in and out of the hospital lately. Not that we don't all have some medical issue's but for a man in his 70's he is quite active.
Tj, just try to make good and i'm sure Hak will. A forum handshake will go a long way;)
We have been also bombarded with alot of trolling lately. So it's a little more edgy than usual.

Last edited:
Its unlikely that any of our interactions would have been like they were ..IF... you had not done two things..1) You misspelled, in your title, the word 'Groups' as in Laser Forum groups-- you used 'Groupies' & the two words are not the same thing and
2) I wrote 'lose the avatar-'- I honestly do not think anyone here liked it... but its your choice and we do not have to like it.

I would have replied THANKS FOR THE ADVICE
I have moved on from this weeks ago- no PMs or suggestions not even a thought about you..

I have too much on my plate to fool around with you..

You have a swell day there in Ca.

hak

Last edited: