Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do these parts work together?

yes if you get the module version and not the upgraded press fit heat sink. you also need to get a round driver to press into the pill as there isnt enough room by the looks of it for a rectangular driver and spring combo

EDIT: you also posted a driver with only 65mA current. that diode is good for up to 350mA conservatively. you can always push the diode but it may die sooner. id say get 200-250mA driver. not sure if it will even lase at 65mA

HERE has 100, 150 and 200mA options

Last edited:
yes if you get the module version and not the upgraded press fit heat sink. you also need to get a round driver to press into the pill as there isnt enough room by the looks of it for a rectangular driver and spring combo

EDIT: you also posted a driver with only 65mA current. that diode is good for up to 350mA conservatively. you can always push the diode but it may die sooner. id say get 200-250mA driver. not sure if it will even lase at 65mA

HERE has 100, 150 and 200mA options

The driver he linked has a pot on it, and can put out anywhere from 65mA to 1A. Look closely on the name of it in the link; that hyphen there should mean between those currents. Also, in the description of the driver I believe it says what I've just stated above.

@Rez : That driver will power your laser properly with a single Li-ion battery, but I would check with JayRob first to see if it would fit. Livin brought up a good point there and rather than have us speculate, it's best to as the man who has it himself.

Last edited:
Missed the 65-1A part some how? I swear when I looked at it firat time it said 65mA. Although I still stand behind my recommendation to get a preset driver. Id you dont have thw proper equipment its impossible to set a drivers current

Missed the 65-1A part some how? I swear when I looked at it firat time it said 65mA. Although I still stand behind my recommendation to get a preset driver. Id you dont have thw proper equipment its impossible to set a drivers current

Word...

If he's a beginner to electrical engineering as well as lasers, then yes I completely agree with you. :yh: