Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do NOT ship with USPS expensive methods if you live in NL/europe

Second time in a row now and third time all together. You can can ship something with expensive usps postage to make it get here faster, but you will pay more and it will work vice versa - you'l get it later.

Cheapest option(for example a part that fits a enveloppe) is the best to go. it gets here in about 5 days. express shipping takes about 10 days.

Its because our shipping company in the netherlands needs time to "customs clear" the package. wich is nonsense since DHL can make custom clearence within a hour. Our normal post company wich handles usps packages takes 5 days to do that. They say its because the customs but its really nonsense.
The funny part is that letters dont require that clearance, and cheaper shipping ways like priority mail international takes less days for clearance.

Probaly desame at other europe countries....but not sure.

Anyway its true for the netherlands so be warned. dont pay more for faster shipping!

ARG

The reason DHL takes less time to clear customs is because they have their own brokers. Government brokers are slower.

Letter mail does not have to be examined as much as packages, that's why it gets there faster. USPS just gets it to your country fast with the expensive mail, they can not control the speed on your countrys customs.

also don't prefer USPS for shipping to Germany.

There's always trouble with customs. Well, the USPS shipment is quite fast but it takes around two weeks to pass customs. And if the custom dude doesn't like lasers YOU WON'T GET THE STUFF! Can tell you a story about one of the green HeNe from Meredith - 200$ (tube and PSU) gone. This sucks! :twak:

You can ship 3 separate packages at the same
time from point A to point B and the 3 packages
will inevitably arrive at different times...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

So question, if I wanted to ship a package from the US, to the Netherlands, and I needed it to be tracked...

What would be the best/cheapest method where the package can still be tracked and insured?

I checked with DHL and the price they gave me seems a bit insanely high. (~$90.)

USPS priority international.

unfortunatly usps is your only option for cheaper prices. but never go express if possible.

So if you are shipping non laser items from the US to EU in a medium flat rate package and you would mark then as low value, your good to go?

greetings,

Always mark the goods as "electronic parts" just like all the Chinese sellers do. Also make it difficult for any customs official to open, recognize, or piece the components into something useful--again, like the Chinese do with wrapping their stuff up in wads of taped-up bubble-wrap.

So if you are shipping non laser items from the US to EU in a medium flat rate package and you would mark then as low value, your good to go?

greetings,

if check box gift is marked, then all (including shipping costs) below 45 is free of import duties. But will still be delayed thanks to our great post service.

I just came back from Post Office. Priority International is an option, but according to them it is not tracked.

A package under 1lb will cost ~$45 to ship via express though.

I was talking about 45 Euro.
All my priority international packages could be tracked.
And even with first class mail, you can get a customs declaration code.
Once it arrives in NL that code can be converted into a dutch code. But then you have to call postnl everyday if it arrived already. (Wich can be done using their 10cent p/m number, use 1, 2, 2 when they ask what choice to make.) and then keep yourself dumb, you dont want them to think youre just asking for status.
Just tell like i always do: hey i have a package from america but it doesnt give results on the tracktrace dutch tracking site, why?