Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do not buy from o-like

They also mark is as a cheap $25 flashlight... So you know it gets tossed around like no tomorrow.

The reason they do that is because if they didn't you could be charged taxes for importing the item into the country, and also, if they marked it as a "Laser Pointer", chances are your package would be opened up at customs and you would never get your item. But I see what you are saying about everything else they did, that's a bit damn ridiculous.. As for Lazerer though, I really like them. 6/7 of my lasers are Lazerer lasers and each and every time I received completely outstanding service and my orders shipped out in just over 24 hours arriving at my house 4 business days from me actually placing the order. Every single one of my lasers is over-spec according to the Power Certificate (like my 255mW Stable "200mW" 650nm Classic, lol). Though I am getting an LPM soon so I can test all my lasers myself, and test my future lasers, because as far as I know Lazerer is the only company that will provide you with any sort of proof of power, though I may be wrong.. Oh wait, I think I saw something about Wicked Lasers providing "Power Readouts" with all their lasers and their lasers being guaranteed over-spec. Which I doubt, and even if it was true, then from what I'm seeing that's a small drop in the bucket to fix what Wicked's got going on... Stay tuned, I'm going to place full reviews very soon on all my lasers, and I'll include my tracking info..

Just received my package. Came DHL ( I highly recommend this if you are in a hurry. Takes 4-5 days)
Items were in cardboard box well taped and in DHL shipping bag.
However I had missing items not shipped! (glasses) Emailed them but will be awhile before I hear back.
One of the laser is a 250mw red and specs say >220. I am measuring 155. The meter is accurate because I have another with power cert and it is right on.
The 200mw green specs >175 and I get 185 but is appears to start dropping off quickly.
Not sure whats happening there yet but NOT blaming the laser at this time,
It is working well.
I was going to just get some more module but the whole unit is only about $25 or so all put together ready to go plus I have the hosts if I want to change modules.
Not happy about the low reading red but I will try it some more with fresh batteries.

Just heard goggles shipped separately because of DHL red tape or something.
No problems.
I will order from them again but selectively.

wish they would have taken the same care with my shipment... Nice to see you didnt get screwed. I may have not paid for DHL, but I did pay extra for shipping. The same care should be taken with all shipping methods. Maybe they realized what they were doing was costing them money, IDK.

Last edited:
Just heard goggles shipped separately because of DHL red tape or something.
No problems.
I will order from them again but selectively.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but I have read several threads here at LPF that say o-like safety goggles are not so good.

Just thout I'd give a heads up. Your eyes are worth at least looking into something of better quality.

joeyss

The Orange ones are alright for a under class 4 laser at least my pair is. It's the blue ones that scare me. I dunno if they cut down more than 95% of the red?

WOW... So I have had my laser for about 2 weeks and its already messing up. After being on for about 45 seconds it starts to flicker and turn on/off. Anyone know what this could be? Freaking O-like, never again.

I'm not positive about your specific laser, but I asked "Susie" in a email, what the duty cycle of the sharp high power laser was, and she said 30sec. On and 1 min off.

I hope that helps!

I dont have that model. Mine is the 100mW with the beam expander. After 45 seconds its no where near being hot or warm to the touch.

I should probably mention that I have noticed mine flicker as well. What it looks like when mine does it is that it is briefly putting out more mW then goes back to whatever it was putting out before.

I wish I had an LPM to check out what it is doing.

I probably would notice this more but I don't leave the laser on for more than about 20 seconds at a time.

I don't know if this is loose wiring due to being shipped in a paper envelope possibly or what it is.

I have to admit that I still actually quite like it despite these things if only because it is the only laser I have ever heard of that comes with a built in expander. Although I guess mine was lucky to arrive in working condition at all after being in the paper envelope as was TacoHerder's.

Maybe Lazerer will start selling these sometime as well?

Last edited:
Mine came the same way, in a envelope inside a holster.
I have the feeling I'm going to end up with a $105.00 host.
Unless the replacement module they said they would send arrives in one piece.
They emailed me a tracking number a week ago. And a search on the 4px website shows that it is at the airport in Singapore.
It has been the same status for six days now.
I hope that their business suffers for treating their costumers in such a bad mannor.

Ya, I actually love this laser still. The beam profile looks so cool. Especially if there is a lot of smoke in the room. although do you notice how the laser leaves circle rings on whatever you shine it one. I would take a picture but I have no way of getting it on here as my iphone broke... I cant wait to take this laser to the beach for some beam shots.

Mine came the same way, in a envelope inside a holster.
I have the feeling I'm going to end up with a $105.00 host.
Unless the replacement module they said they would send arrives in one piece.
They emailed me a tracking number a week ago. And a search on the 4px website shows that it is at the airport in Singapore.
It has been the same status for six days now.
I hope that their business suffers for treating their costumers in such a bad mannor.

Its going to stay at that status until you receive it... I noticed that tracking only tracks it up to the airport in Singapore. After that it stops updating.

Last edited:
I'm glad your finally getting some enjoyment out of yours! :)

I really love the thicker beam too, and I hope there becomes more of these built in beam expanders as they seem to be more affordable, unlike the attachable ones that are more pricey.

It would so cool to see an integrated beam expanded 1W+ 445 eh? :D

I haven't seen the dot of mine up close yet because I'm a bit paranoid I guess about looking at a non ir filtered dot but I do notice quite a bit of green glow that gets broadcast around from the beam expander lens that lights up the nearby area.

Susie mentioned that there were "problems with torch" which was part of the delay before sending mine out. Not sure if that was related to any of the things we have experienced like the flickering?

I can't wait till you can take some pictures as well, I'm looking forward to the beach pics, sounds like a cool setting!

Last edited:
TacoHerder

You were absolutely right. The tracking never changed. I received the module on the saturday. It was packed better than my laser was.
In a box with bubble wrap.

Haha on my 16th birthday, two years ago, I had the laser arrive that my parents ordered for me for my actual birthday. I got it in the "green laser" white box. So I opened it, put the batteries in, and tried it out. It was worked great and it actually burned too. As the day turned into dusk I noticed that the intensity of the laser was starting to get weaker, and then it was to the point where it just didn't even turn on. So I thought that maybe the battery died. Charged it overnight, placed it back in and it didn't even turn on. :angry: So I emailed them and actually got on the phone with them through Skype and they told me to take a video of what was wrong with the laser and to send it to them, so I did. I sent them the video and got on Skype with them and they proceed to tell me that the damage that was done was my fault and if I sent it back I had to pay for shipping to and back, and the repair fee. So I didn't know what to do because I couldn't afford that and I don't think my parents would pay for that either. So my birthday got ruined that day and it just sits in my room, broken.