Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do I have everything I need for my first build?

I just received the driver in the mail. It's a mohgasm. Just to clarify: D+ goes to the Positive pin on the diode, and D- goes to the negative pin on the diode? What is VIN and GND? and what goes to them?

gillza

Vin - connect battery positive terminal. Gnd - battery negative. But assuming that it IS continuous ground and you will not use anodized heatsink, you can just leave GND unconnected in your build. Otherwise connect ground to negative battery terminal

For any build that allows the use of both the host as a ground in addition to a direct soldered wire to the driver I would suggest you use the wire and hope for the best from the host ground. It leaves you open for an anodized heatsink and not having to worry about having a solid connection through your host at all.

Why eliminate a 100% guaranteed connection with no downsides to using it for what could be a less than perfect continuity when you can just have both?

Solder leads to your D+ and D- terminals on your driver and then solder the driver in your pill. Right before you solder the leads to the pins on your diode(after pressing it in its module of course) make sure you remove any batteries and touch both leads together to short out your driver and clear any possible stored power as it could insta-kill your diode as soon as you connect it. Once

Last edited:

Blord

The Mohgasm driver that your are using are continous negative but I have sent the the square version of this driver.

It was easier to have the round driver so that it fits directly into the C6 pill. Only two wires need to be soldered, the diode minus and positive.

The square driver does work but you need also connect the two additional battery minus and positive, the VIN and GND.

I sent you the round version. That makes the build much easier. :)

The round drivers simplify things greatly in C6 builds since they are so perfect for just about any round driver as is. Square drivers are good for those non-standard hosts and situations where multiple drivers are required.

Anyway, Good luck with your build Bill.

The round drivers simplify things greatly in C6 builds since they are so perfect for just about any round driver as is. Square drivers are good for those non-standard hosts and situations where multiple drivers are required.

Anyway, Good luck with your build Bill.
Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.