Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do CNI lasers REALLY have accession numbers?

Yeah, but the summary is, YES, CNI does. In short, CNI didn't even do wrong: they included the Form #2877 with the shipment.

For some reason, Customs and DHL decided to browbeat me about the issue and make me produce the form (which was already with the package's documentation) before releasing it from customs. Very very strange.

I'm going to change the title of this thread though. For anyone who is questioning it (and I know it has been questioned in the past,)

*YES*, CNI DOES have accession numbers.
*YES*, CNI DOES fill out Form 2877's with their shipments.
*YES*, CNI lasers ARE "approved devices."

No, customs will not neccessarily 'leave you alone' even if the above is the case. It seems that Wicked Lasers' shennanigans has awakened the machine and they're giving scrutiny to EVERY laser shipment, legal or not.

EDIT: Seems I can't change the name of the thread but - I have verified and seen with my own eyes, on the PGL-III-C's, at least, yes, CNI does have accession numbers and they really are FDA approved.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the summary is, YES, CNI does. In short, CNI didn't even do wrong: they included the Form #2877 with the shipment.

For some reason, Customs and DHL decided to browbeat me about the issue and make me produce the form (which was already with the package's documentation) before releasing it from customs. Very very strange.

I'm going to change the title of this thread though. For anyone who is questioning it (and I know it has been questioned in the past,)

*YES*, CNI DOES have accession numbers.
*YES*, CNI DOES fill out Form 2877's with their shipments.
*YES*, CNI lasers ARE "approved devices."

No, customs will not neccessarily 'leave you alone' even if the above is the case. It seems that Wicked Lasers' shennanigans has awakened the machine and they're giving scrutiny to EVERY laser shipment, legal or not.

EDIT: Seems I can't change the name of the thread but - I have verified and seen with my own eyes, on the PGL-III-C's, at least, yes, CNI does have accession numbers and they really are FDA approved.

Well thats good but it doesnt mean that the user will follow safety measure.

Well, that, and I'm glad that our CNI buys are above board.. Just another point in CNI's column, really. And justification to get the ones that are FDA approved instead of trying to dodge customs just so someone doesn't have to turn a key or wait 5 seconds for a beam..

... You'll actually *receive the laser*... which is the biggest plus in my book.