Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY projector working

ikuyad

Not sure this thread should go here but..

With lots of help and advice(BIGBIG thnkz especially to Buffo and Jason)
I have FINALLY finished (sorta) one of my several work-in-progress projectors.

Very happy with e 445/300mW ttl Lab from the good DR Chuck (AixiZ)
it was a gift- a return that was replaced because it only made 250mW- fine by me. Free is by far my fav of all prices.

The galvo scanners came from Jason at CLP( Canton LaserPhoto)
He not only provided the sample he helped me get the wiring straight with instant replies and great photos- (no language barrier in PICS)
Not needed BTW with Jason his communication skillz are great.

I will be doing review thread on both the labbies (plus two new ones) at AixiZ and on the 10K, 25K and 35K- If all goes wel I want to do a forums GB using my new site-- greenlaserpointer.org another gift-- this time from Jetlasers- They have made doing GB #8 easier and safer for all- more ways to pay and shipping world wide now, #8 will be in the 'pay up ordering stage soon. I have a thread in GB forum-see 'do over' GB--ha ha

m8888888888888888888888888888:D
the PJ--
I may never put this into a case but use it for testing and tuning- The 'Slab' of Al ( optical plate) is small in W and L by way thick.(< like 5/8ths inch!!)
It came from a good friend at SELEM who wanted it to have a new home.$10

the signal board is also from CLP ( they offer several more) and so is the ILDA ribbon cable- If all goes well this 10K beamer Galvo may be gotten in GB for >$50 or less depending on the extra parts.( comes w/ at least the galvos in block and tuned, the dual driver board ( or for faster galvos two driver boards) , the PSU, owners manual and basic cables-No prices shown at CLP site but I can get them if you see something there and you have interest.
I do not claim to be an expert in these in any way. I have toyed with PTs, see DTs and have three chijectors with ??? galvos that look much cheaper than these from CLP/Jason. cant go much by 'looks'

Jason's galvo sets are, IMO, as good or better than Phenix Technology but *maybe* not as good as Dragon Tigers( owned I am told by an old employee of CLP)--BUT as i said I am no expert. And how long they work well is from me yet an unknown. Guess i could run it 24/7 til it dies...??? nah!

Jason offers replacement mirrors cheap- IRC $1 if you get them with a scannerset-its a good idea to have a spare set.

here are some pics

the text was not that blurry to the eye.

last one is a show off pic- new toy-plug n play midi interface controller works with Pangolin BEYOND software for live laser shows.
The the single laser set up looks amazing!

I ordered the exact same one from Jason for a personal project but I'm struggling on getting it working with the ILDA input as there's no manual available. I'm using etherdream as the DAC.
I played around with the DIP switch setting a bit, in some settings it seems to respond to the DAC output but comes out as a tangled visual mess. Could you help me with explaining what type of DAC you used and how you managed to send custom vectors to the galvos?
I'm super stuck...and would appreciate the help!! Thanks!

^^^ THANKS Pete--
this is an old thread btw.
Once I was committed it came together in one day..
Special Thanks to Jason at CantonLaserPhoto for the scanners--

BUMP for our new Swiss member having issues with is galvo scanners--
(My uneducated guess is a bad misplaced wire pics coming-he has now tried using FB3 pango DAC and still no workie correct.

Reactions: GSS

Hibro

wow these thing is sooooo professional. How long have you spent on building this?

ha ha

but if that was serious..
half a day-

I have a 5 W full color all DYI in progress.

hak

keeping this thread alive to help our new Swiss member.

Hibro

ha ha

but if that was serious..
half a day-

I have a 5 W full color all DYI in progress.

hak

keeping this thread alive to help our new Swiss member.

I can't imagine hoe you can build such complicated thing just in half a day. Anyway this is definitely an amazing build. Looking forward to see more of your project.

Being just one color and NOT analog modulation it is very simple-
The board is marked for plugging in the fan- the TTL, power to the scanner amps. for the single laser as well as its power- the scanners come ready to mount- most plugs only fit in one of the spaces-& there are often marks like 'LD' on the board thats Laser Diode..
the plugs are color coded-

at first it DOES look way too complicated but once you try it turns out to be pretty easy-for a simple projector without all the safety parts-those do make the job harder--

ikuyad

Thanks for the support :)

Managed to get the galvo's moving. the image is a bit skewed though..
did it by not using the board from jason and directly feeding x y coordinates to the galvo driver inputs.. Not optimal but it was needed to be done for a concept for a student work in time. No blanking functionality, and probably dont get the whole xy range :(

^^^ OP-
join Facebook- friend me Le hakzaw-I will point you to MasterPJ555- he is a wiz at all things projector and can help you from the Netherlands--