Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diy planes crash

mfo

This Laser/Plane subject has been beaten to death here
on the Forum.....
The consensus is that on a landing approach... at night...
a high powered laser COULD be distracting enough to a pilot
to perhaps cause an accident while trying to land...
It is obvious that a 747 at altitude during the day will not be
affected by a laser beam from the ground.. IMO

Jerry

Yeah the approach is going to be the most vulnerable point obviously, but the plane isn't going to just slam into the ground. I'm sure in a worst case scenario the pilot would pull up, circle around and radio into authorities that a moron is being a moron.

With all of the hatred in the world (especially in the middle east) I'm sure someone would have succeeded by now bringing down a plane with a laser if it were that easy.

Not to jump off topic to far. I notice a lot of people make this mistake. The Muslim god is the same god as the Christians, and the Jews. The difference is they believe Mohamed, along with Christ, were profits. Unfortunately some radicals twist the meanings to justify their crusade of terror. The Irish also have their groups (IRA) along with many other cultures.

So now you know.:angel:

Yeah the approach is going to be the most vulnerable point obviously, but the plane isn't going to just slam into the ground. I'm sure in a worst case scenario the pilot would pull up, circle around and radio into authorities that a moron is being a moron.

With all of the hatred in the world (especially in the middle east) I'm sure someone would have succeeded by now bringing down a plane with a laser if it were that easy.

Thats what I have always thought when I first heard of this whole dumb thing about a tiny laser causing a trained pilot to freakin crash a whole plane because of a flash of light.

Not to jump off topic to far. I notice a lot of people make this mistake. The Muslim god is the same god as the Christians, and the Jews. The difference is they believe Mohamed, along with Christ, were profits. Unfortunately some radicals twist the meanings to justify their crusade of terror. The Irish also have their groups (IRA) along with many other cultures.

So now you know.:angel:

I believe you mean "prophets" lol. And yeah you're totally right there. I've tried to tell this to a lot of people that believe all Muslims are "evil", their response is...well I'll just say it wasn't the response I was hoping for. But hopefully natural selection will wipe out all ignorants like that lol. Oh and sorry for going off topic ranged units

Yeah I have a spelling deficiency LOL. I've gotten stuck on the word "of" one time LOL. Its been that way since I was a kid. My browsers spell checker is lame too and it misses a lot. Also my T key is dying so you will see words that should not fit sometimes.