Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY Parts Companies

MEDDER

Now that I am more adult-ish and actually have money to blow I am wanting to finally get into lasers after 8-10 years of looking at them.

I am wondering where people go for parts for your basic everyday lasers. The only ones that I know of are ebay, DTR's Laser Shop and AixiZ.

Are there any other sites people can point me to (especially for housings)?
This question has probably been asked a lot but I could not find it anywhere so feel free to just post links to other threads.

Hi Welcome ,
There are plenty who sells the empty host fora build you just need to look around .

Rich:)

GSS

Welcome Medder:)
Check out this guy ^^^^^^^ Lifetime17 as he will make a host from custom to a flashlight mod for way cheaper than you might think.
For example click on his +3 on his picks and you will see some 501B light host's in different colors with heatsinks that all you have to do is connect 2 wires from a 12mm complete module from DTR, or one you might of put together yourself, "pure plug and play" or he can set you up with a complete working unit.
Either way if your a DIY guy, Lifetime "Rich" will make it easier if you need something custom machined, small, big, or even if it's a couple dollars, he's a great source for this place..:)

you want a host, or Plug N play. this guy above me is the guy to talk to ^^^^^ Lifetime17 :cool:

If you know what you are looking for, eBay can be the best place to find laser diodes, some drivers and inexpensive nickel plated brass modules. I only use DTR's copper modules for my own builds, but you can get AixiZ type modules for as little as $1.00 on eBay, or with glass lenses for ~$5.00 each. Of course you can always get a discount if you are buying several at one time. EBay is also a good place to look for lab style hosts with fan cooling. You can also find short focal length aspheric lenses cheap on eBay, too.