Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY Beam Expander.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Can you simply defocus your laser sources or do need a fat but well collimated beam?

Ah, just saw your other post. If you need very accurate power/area numbers then a beam expander is probably your best choice. But if you don't need 3 digit accuracy in that measurement then just defocus your lasers, or stick a single lens in front of them to spread out the photons a bit.

Last edited:

Re: dioptika beam expander?

Hey, I am in desperate need for one. I have two systems of 25mW power. One at wavelength 640nm and other one of 473 nm. I want to expand the beam by at-least 10 fold with decreasing the power density at the point of exposure. Can you help with that? I can buy the lenses but I will need help with the housing.

Re: dioptika beam expander?

Put a neutral density filter or a polarizer into the beam path.

Singlemode

Hey, I am in desperate need for one. I have two systems of 25mW power. One at wavelength 640nm and other one of 473 nm. I want to expand the beam by at-least 10 fold with decreasing the power density at the point of exposure. Can you help with that? I can buy the lenses but I will need help with the housing.

I am using the laser beam for plant growth and that specific power density excites the enzyme system in the germinating seeds.