Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

disgusting people

Isnt that strange, that being a glutton at one point was considered being wealthy now adays your just a slob:thinking:

Some still think it's also healthy.

nAZAAh5.jpg

GSS

She sure does look like she can swim though! Thats why orangitans or I assume all primates drown frequently when they fall from a branch cause they cant float.

GMO is not that different from traditional practices of breeding in traits we like/breeding out traits we don't...its just that in modern times, we can SEE the genes, and just go grab them, instead of waiting for a crop with them to breed with a crop w/o them.

We add fertilizers and minerals, pesticides, etc, to the crops...so, minerals are replaced, but, we also get a ton of other crap too.

The run off from those farms is pretty scary.

:D

And, yeah, to "feel full/sated" after eating, we need certain feed back loops to be activated, and fat for example is one of the triggers. If our blood sugar spikes, we feel like we had enough for example.

PARTS of the feed back loop are based upon metabolic by products, and parts by our taste buds, etc.

So, if we eat sweet stuff, but the loop sensors don't indicate us getting more ENERGY, we keep eating.

You can explode flies like this...put out a plate with saccharine water in it for example, and they drink until they POP....because the taste buds are saying "We found sugar!", but the gut is saying, hmmmm, we need more, we don't register more energy from it yet!

And can cause other serious problems. Ever heard of the "dead zone" in the Gulf of Mexico?

2015 Gulf of Mexico dead zone ?above average?

I have heard before that a lack of proper nutrition contributes to obesity, if you don't get the vitamins and minerls you need you remain more hungry and you eat more, if you get all your vitamins and minerals you will be less hungry and eat less. I don't know how true this is but it sounds reasonable. I also suspect that much of our corn is GMO and I am not convinced that GMO foods are safe. I have also heard that on much of our farmland that the soil is depleted of minerals do to over farming and the foods grown are less nutritious than they used to be.

Alan

GMO is not that different from traditional practices of breeding in traits we like/breeding out traits we don't...its just that in modern times, we can SEE the genes, and just go grab them, instead of waiting for a crop with them to breed with a crop w/o them.

We add fertilizers and minerals, pesticides, etc, to the crops...so, minerals are replaced, but, we also get a ton of other crap too.

The run off from those farms is pretty scary.

And, yeah, to "feel full/sated" after eating, we need certain feed back loops to be activated, and fat for example is one of the triggers. If our blood sugar spikes, we feel like we had enough for example.

PARTS of the feed back loop are based upon metabolic by products, and parts by our taste buds, etc.

So, if we eat sweet stuff, but the loop sensors don't indicate us getting more ENERGY, we keep eating.

You can explode flies like this...put out a plate with saccharine water in it for example, and they drink until they POP....because the taste buds are saying "We found sugar!", but the gut is saying, hmmmm, we need more, we don't register more energy from it yet!

GMO's are perfectly safe. they are literally designed to be perfect for growing and eating. its the various other problems with farming that are the real issue, genetic engineering is no problem.

i would agree with the soil being depleted though, that's a very interesting hypothesis.

Teej

GMO's are perfectly safe. they are literally designed to be perfect for growing and eating. its the various other problems with farming that are the real issue, genetic engineering is no problem.

i would agree with the soil being depleted though, that's a very interesting hypothesis.

Soil depletion is no longer a problem, and they rotate crops and add nutrients...which is where parts of the scary run off are FROM.

Soil depletion USED to be a problem, as they used the same fields for the same crops over and over again.

When rotation is used, it essentially rotates crops that replace what the crop before it used up, so perhaps 4 different types of crop are grown in each field, with rotations anywhere from annually to 3 year periods for example.

Some soils, pH, nitrogen and trace minerals, etc, can contribute to unique flavors, and some areas can become known for especially flavorful stuff, like a Jersey Tomato, etc.

Just as a wild turkey tastes differently from a farm raised turkey, where/how something is grown can influence its nutritive and flavor characteristics.

The giant agrobusinesses tend to produce fairly homogenized crops due to the homogenized way they are cultivated.

Small independent farms/stuff you grow in your backyard, can be quite different.

Oysters on the half shell, love em, sushi YES, alligator is a little chewy, goose pate I would never eat it, I'm not an animal rights person but that's not cool."

last time I ate 6 raw oysters my girlfriend told me the next day that only one of them 'worked'

tried kangaroo stew once not bad a lot like beef stew

Crickets are tasty if lightly pan fried (dry)

anything is good if bacon wrapped... including more bacon!!

try Bacon Crack- (crispy fried thick slice bacon on a stick & dipped in chocolate.. mmmmm)

Oysters on the half shell, love em, sushi YES, alligator is a little chewy, goose pate I would never eat it, I'm not an animal rights person but that's not cool."

last time I ate 6 raw oysters my girlfriend told me the next day that only one of them 'worked'

tried kangaroo stew once not bad a lot like beef stew

Crickets are tasty if lightly pan fried (dry)

anything is good if bacon wrapped... including more bacon!!

try Bacon Crack- (crispy fried thick slice bacon on a stick & dipped in chocolate.. mmmmm)

:confused:

Ha, I've never been into showing cleavage, to me it looks too much like a woman has their butt on their chest, you read my mind! Now, that's wrong to think, much less post, but you posted that photo! Same thing :p