Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Direct green question

Does anyone know if there is a direct green laser on the market that uses AA or AAA cells?I have converted to LSD NIMH exclusively and would like to know!

I hope they get very inexpensive soon...I have several 10mw greens that were cutting edge in those days and 600 and 950 dollars...I am too poor to do that again!!!

I always thought direct diode greens would be epic.I hope some of them don't need lithium power.Thanks!!

Thank you so much...that is exactly what I want!
However in a perfect world a higher power AA unit would be nice!

Thank you so much my friend!!!

there are 515/520nm diode pens if thats what u want ? laserbtb have them

LP 515nm 532nm 1-150

^They use 2xAAA so those will work.

If you think about it, direct green diodes at wavelengths of 515/520 are actually pretty cheap then when they first started on the market. Hec, you can get a completed laserbtb 515 pointer for $70, along with DTR who is selling 50mW 520 bare diodes for $42!

-Alex

Perhaps a custom from a member in the 100mw+ range that eats AA NIMH cells.
I can't use paypal.Hate em.

I know it's a fault...but it is what it is.

As far as I know no builder here makes 100mW+ 520's which run off AA. Try making a thread on the B/S/T section of the forum and you may get lucky!

-Alex

I'm not sure how long your cells would last boosting to nearly 7 volts at a quarter of an amp, but it's certainly possible.

Eghemus has made a 4 X AA cell host in the past, that would work for a low power single mode 520nm laser diode at 50-80mw output after collimation. The PL520 "50" mw diode which can be pushed to 80mw needs 8.2 VDC or so, you could use a boost driver to get to that voltage with 4 X AA batteries, no problem.

Teej

Artificially limiting your power source is what's holding you back, and, to compensate for the low power you decided is what you need to use for whatever reason...you'd simply need a lot of them to accomplish the same thing, and add drivers that can take the weak source, and regulate it to what's needed to get the performance you also want.

The amp draw is your limiting factor for an individual AA, etc....they can't maintain much of an amp load for very long, as opposed to a 30 amp IMR 18650, and so forth.