Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dinodirect warning

Mik

I watched the video again and heard you say that it comes off the charger at 3.8v. Well theres your problem!!

Your charger or cell is defective, or you did not let it charge long enough. It should come off at 4.20, and many "cheap" Chinese chargers will actually overcharge (a potentially dangerous thing) to beyond 4.20v.

In your video, that cell was dead. :)

oikos

that's right! i bought 2 405nm 100mW $64 each and they turned out to be <5mW :evil:

I watched the video again and heard you say that it comes off the charger at 3.8v. Well theres your problem!!

Your charger or cell is defective, or you did not let it charge long enough. It should come off at 4.20, and many "cheap" Chinese chargers will actually overcharge (a potentially dangerous thing) to beyond 4.20v.

In your video, that cell was dead. :)

uhh.... no... the batterys dont matter as long as it's in the range of output... He's not the only one with the defective laser from dinodirect, infact, everyone so far on LPF say dino direct is a fake scam.

chargers are the only thing that can be legit... laser either doesnt work, or if it does it is under 5mW, or 5mW peak. I blew out $75 to them. I even saved up hard earned cash, I could of donated to the site with that money.

Mik

uhh.... no... the batterys dont matter as long as it's in the range of output... He's not the only one with the defective laser from dinodirect, infact, everyone so far on LPF say dino direct is a fake scam.

You are wrong. A dead car battery won't start your car. A dead laser battery won't fire your laser. That battery was dead.

You are wrong. A dead car battery won't start your car. A dead laser battery won't fire your laser. That battery was dead.

not to argue, but I thought that he proved that the battery was working, plus he even charged it... They charger provided is legit, those chargers are inexpensive to make, also when he measured the battery that proves that is was working right?? I gotta take his word, he says he was an electrition or something for a number of years. When I got the stuff from dino direct, and found out it was garbage, I threw away the laser, but kept the charger, then used up a brand new legit 18650 battery and it charged well, and tested in a O-like laser, and it worked like a charm

Mik

not to argue, but I thought that he proved that the battery was working, plus he even charged it... They charger provided is legit, those chargers are inexpensive to make, also when he measured the battery that proves that is was working right?? I gotta take his word, he says he was an electrition or something for a number of years. When I got the stuff from dino direct, and found out it was garbage, I threw away the laser, but kept the charger, then used up a brand new legit 18650 battery and it charged well, and tested in a O-like laser, and it worked like a charm

He did use his multimeter properly, but he did not seem to understand what the multimeter was telling him. You see, if you have a ICR/IMR 18650 and you are measuring the open circuit voltage, you don't have to see 0 volts, or even 3.0v for it to be dead. If it's resting with no load on it at 3.6v, it is dead. These batteries normally rest at that voltage when they are empty, but the moment that you ask for any power out of it during this state, the voltage will drop through the floor and very little or no current will be delivered.

If his charger was only going up to 3.8v, the battery never even got to be half way charged. Maybe 20-35% charged or something like that.

I don't back up dinodirect in any way, but all I wanted to get across is that in OP's case, even if his laser was actually great and worked perfectly, it wouldn't have worked on that battery.

For anyone else that has already bought stuff from this company, and are convinced that the product is defective, just hound them like the OP did. He proved that they will react if you make enough stink about it, and in his case he even got a better item out of it.

batteryuniverse is a good place to start reading if you are interested in lithium batteries.

Cheech

I have the 30mw green 2in1 kaleidoscope from dynodirect and its a good module but a bad host. The first day I had it I had to take it apart and bend back the pcb so the button would work over a dozen times. But I had it in my pocket the other night and I guess the button was being pressed by my cell phone, well I didn't notice until it was burning my leg from the heat buildup. The diode seem to be the same power afterwords. $20 laser not to bad

Hey guys !

I have had a load of trouble with dino direct too.
I ordered a laser on the 27th of April, 200mw it claimed to be ... excellent i thought. It is now the 21st of may and still no laser!!

I have spoken to technical support (whom cannot speak good english AT ALL so getting a point over is hard enough) many times and every time they claim to be in "the handling process" and it will be sent tomorrow. Also the order status has "gone wrong" and it now says cancelled yet they assure me its not.

I smell a rat personally :scowl: and have asked for a refund which hopefully will be achieved.

Ill keep you posted! :D

Hey guys !

I have had a load of trouble with dino direct too.
I ordered a laser on the 27th of April, 200mw it claimed to be ... excellent i thought. It is now the 21st of may and still no laser!!

I have spoken to technical support (whom cannot speak good english AT ALL so getting a point over is hard enough) many times and every time they claim to be in "the handling process" and it will be sent tomorrow. Also the order status has "gone wrong" and it now says cancelled yet they assure me its not.

I smell a rat personally :scowl: and have asked for a refund which hopefully will be achieved.

Ill keep you posted! :D

Well you threw away your money anyway... It will likely come and it would be 5mW

lol,it seems like u have a bad romance with Dinodirect,but I'm ok,sth on it's site are really good.seriously,so hope you good luck next time.O(∩_∩)O~

20yr practice electo-technician could not supply the laser to test if it is really fine - is kinda weird.
It could just get broken during shipment... Maaan, even if this sucks, you suck the same way. Be more carefull what are you really doing and saying. There are more 20yr practiced technicians than YOU only...

20yr practice electo-technician could not supply the laser to test if it is really fine - is kinda weird.
It could just get broken during shipment... Maaan, even if this sucks, you suck the same way. Be more carefull what are you really doing and saying. There are more 20yr practiced technicians than YOU only...

uhh, he's not the only only one... I got ripped off even more money with those guys, and the instead of being 200mW is 5mW, and later dropped to 1mW