Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dilda, 10 questions. I need everyone's help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

I'm waiting my dilda to arrive, but as I think I'm gona ask those questions as soon as I start playing with it I'm better gona get them solved now so i'm ready for the fun as soon as i open the package :D

1.-What's the charging time for the 3V cells? (the charger included by o-like)

2.-What's the cycle for 6 and 7.2V?

3.-If using the 3.6 cells, Do i need to discharge them a bit before using them? I expect them to be on 4V+ when recent charged (right?) Even I have alredy read laserbee 322mW experiment I'm not willing to risk mine, so just tell me the safe voltages :p

4.-Are 190mW of red light suposed to give heat to the skin if focused? Even burning it?

5.-Is it posible to focus it to the infinite to use it as a normal laser? (i heard some people saying its only ok for burning) Also if somone can show me a place in wich how the dilda focusable lens work would be great, I'm so curius about this and never seen any video or explanation about it. ::)

6.-Is there a real need of using protective glasses? Are sunglasses gonna protect me even if its only a bit? If not where can i get a cheap protective googles or a solution? (for cheap i mean really cheap, considering the laser was 45$, i'm not gona spend nothing above 20$). I do not want to protect myslef from direct hits, i'm gona take care, i'm just afraid looking at the dot can be a bit painfull  :p

7.-For long burnings and so, can i use any power adapter to power the laser? (I have an AC to CC adapter with voltage regulation, so before wasting the cells I will use that if posible)

8.-When is it recomended to charge the cells? (under wich voltage I mean)

9.-Is the beam really suposed to be visible on daylight as said on DX?

10.-Wich are the best things to burn with a dilda a part of matches, scotch tape and ballons?

Thanks in advantage.

Yours,
Hallucynogenyc

190mw red will create burning sensation to your skin and when you use it wear eyeprotection classes instead of sunglasses because sunglasses will open your retina even more and laser damage your eyes more than whitout sunglasses :)  

4. A little bit. Skin reflects or passes most red and IR light so it won't burn too quick. It is also dependent on the color of your skin. Darker obviously will absorb more light and burn faster.

5. It can be focused to infinity. To focus the laser all you need to do is turn the head.

9. A 200mW 650-660nm red laser is only as bright as about 20-30mW of green. So, no, not very.

D

Deleted member 8382

Those parts express plastics, 10"x10" means cm inches or what? And btw, if thats the kind of plastic used on the blue side of a 3D glasses, I've alredy tried and they dont block red.

--Hallucynogenyc-- said:
Those parts express plastics, 10"x10" means cm inches or what? And btw, if thats the kind of plastic used on the blue side of a 3D glasses, I've alredy tried and they dont block red.

I bought a pair of yellow red safety goggles from dragonlasers.com THEY WORK GREAT.

Shipping = fast
Quality = high
Price = ok ($30 around $12 shippning)

AusLasersSuck said:
I bought a pair of yellow red safety goggles from dragonlasers.com THEY WORK GREAT.

Shipping = fast
Quality = high
Price = ok ($30  around $12 shippning)
He said he does not want to spend over $20. Maybe those goggle you bought are not doing their job. ;D

Tech_Junkie said:
[quote author=AusLasersSuck link=1234477886/0#5 date=1234518429]I bought a pair of yellow red safety goggles from dragonlasers.com THEY WORK GREAT.

Shipping = fast
Quality = high
Price = ok ($30  around $12 shippning)
He said he does not want to spend over $20. Maybe those goggle you bought are not doing their job. ;D[/quote]

Ha. ;)

Find me a GOOD one that is cheaper then that for red? ;D

Fail yet :p

D

Deleted member 8382

c'mon you all have some dildas take a minute and answer please

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

You asked too many different questions in one post...
You will get more responses if you ask one question at a time... ;)

You can start here by re-asking a single unanswered question :cool:

Jerry

daguin

1.  It depends on how far discharged they are as well as how much voltage the charger is putting out

2.  I haven't a clue what you are asking here.  Voltage is not very relative to a "cycle."

3.  Use the stock batteries.  It will burn just fine and the driver will not be stressed.

4.  Lighter skin will dissipate the light so very little heat is created.  Darker skin will heat up.

5.  As long as you can twist the focus "ring", you can focus to "infinity"

6. You NEED protective laser goggles if you are going to be burning stuff.

7.  As long as your PSU is connected to the driver, it should be fine.  However, remember, the body of the laser is part of the heat sink.  Adjust your duty cycle if you are going to have the head separated.

8.  Charge them when you are done using the laser or when you notice the power dropping.

9.  No

10.  Anything "dark" and burnable or meltable should be affected by the red light

Peace,
dave

--Hallucynogenyc-- said:
I'm waiting my dilda to arrive, but as I think I'm gona ask those questions as soon as I start playing with it I'm better gona get them solved now so i'm ready for the fun as soon as i open the package :D
3.-If using the 3.6 cells, Do i need to discharge them a bit before using them? I expect them to be on 4V+ when recent charged (right?) Even I have alredy read laserbee 322mW experiment I'm not willing to risk mine, so just tell me the safe voltages :p
4.-Are 190mW of red light suposed to give heat to the skin if focused? Even burning it?
5.-Is it posible to focus it to the infinite to use it as a normal laser? (i heard some people saying its only ok for burning) Also if somone can show me a place in wich how the dilda focusable lens work would be great, I'm so curius about this and never seen any video or explanation about it.  ::)
6.-Is there a real need of using protective glasses? Are sunglasses gonna protect me even if its only a bit? If not where can i get a cheap protective googles or a solution? (for cheap i mean really cheap, considering the laser was 45$, i'm not gona spend nothing above 20$). I do not want to protect myslef from direct hits, i'm gona take care, i'm just afraid looking at the dot can be a bit painfull  :p
7.-For long burnings and so, can i use any power adapter to power the laser? (I have an AC to CC adapter with voltage regulation, so before wasting the cells I will use that if posible)
10.-Wich are the best things to burn with a dilda a part of matches, scotch tape and ballons?
Thanks in advantage.
Yours,
Hallucynogenyc

daguin said:
1.  It depends on how far discharged they are as well as how much voltage the charger is putting out

2.  I haven't a clue what you are asking here.  Voltage is not very relative to a "cycle."

3.  Use the stock batteries.  It will burn just fine and the driver will not be stressed.

4.  Lighter skin will dissipate the light so very little heat is created.  Darker skin will heat up.

5.  As long as you can twist the focus "ring", you can focus to "infinity"

6. You NEED protective laser goggles if you are going to be burning stuff.

7.  As long as your PSU is connected to the driver, it should be fine.  However, remember, the body of the laser is part of the heat sink.  Adjust your duty cycle if you are going to have the head separated.

8.  Charge them when you are done using the laser or when you notice the power dropping.

9.  No

10.  Anything "dark" and burnable or meltable should be affected by the red light

Peace,
dave

[quote author=--Hallucynogenyc-- link=1234477886/0#0 date=1234477886]I'm waiting my dilda to arrive, but as I think I'm gona ask those questions as soon as I start playing with it I'm better gona get them solved now so i'm ready for the fun as soon as i open the package :D
3.-If using the 3.6 cells, Do i need to discharge them a bit before using them? I expect them to be on 4V+ when recent charged (right?) [highlight]Even I have alredy read laserbee 322mW experiment I'm not willing to risk mine[/highlight], so just tell me the safe voltages :p
5.-Is it posible to focus it to the infinite to use it as a normal laser? (i heard some people saying its only ok for burning) Also if somone can show me a place in wich how the dilda focusable lens work would be great, I'm so curius about this and never seen any video or explanation about it.  ::)
Thanks in advantage.
Yours,
Hallucynogenyc
[/quote]
Dave....
    you're a better man than I...  ::)

@--Hallucynogenyc--....
the 322mW DX200 Red Dilda experiment was just that... an Experiment..
It was never done to be used as a basis for a build or modification to the
Dilda... :eek:

Jerry

D

Deleted member 8382

Okay jerry so I'm gona ask the ones Dave didn't clarify to me at all (It was impresive to see how you both answered at my call :p )

1.-About the charging time I mean the normal charge time (based in your experience) I'm not asking about exact minutes, just an idea (4-8-12h?)

2.About the cycle I mean the duty cycle. Isn't a voltage increase going to make it hotter?

3.@Dave: I know but seeing jerry experience... :D @jerry: Aren't a fully charged 3.6 cells gona kill my dilda? I know you got an extreme unit but I'm not willing mine to be the same xd

6.What I don't understand is: dark colors are going to abosrb most of the light. Isn't that reducing a lot the dangerous brightness? Shining it to a white wall is much more harmful right? Then what's so funny of having this laser If I need galsses and I wont see it? and are sunglasses gona protect me a bit?

10. I know dark colored ones, but I mean funny cotidian objects (I recently discovered black cd cases, wich impress my friends a lot :D)

Hope this simplify the work ;D