Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Digital Microscope

Hi,
Would like to share this piece of equipment with LPF. It's a digital microscope .I bought it to help aiding bridging drivers and easier on the eyes. Now you know how hard is is to see these tiny resistors. I can now pin point the are to be bridged up front. It takes the W out of work . I secure the driver in a driver vice and situate it under the camera lens and focus it . I an impressed with the results of this camera. here is a pic I took of a Micro boost V5 at different powers. It's set to 200mA with a pot naked eyes . I focused my vision on this bridge and I seen it in my sleep it was so imbedded from looking so hard with out the camera.
Hope you all enjoy the find.

Rich:)fullsizeoutput_96e.jpegIMG_4279.JPGIMG_4278.JPG

Yeah, I've had one of these for years. I am lucky that my vision is so myopic that I can focus on this inches away from my eyes, so I can see these tiny parts without need of any help. I can have a tiny board only two inches away from my eyes and see it just fine.

Reactions: GSS
where is the pic of the device?? price?
are you holding out on us Rich?

jk
mine was $15..a cheapy or sure

Hi,
This is a simple unit and it does what it has to do in a pinch . They aren't that much of a cost if you can use it. The screen is 4.3 and the resolution is quite well as you can see in the pics. It also has a slot for a SD card and is rechargeable with an adjustable stand . They can be had on amazonian and fleabay

$74.88

Qty: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Yes, I want FREE Two-Day
Shipping with Amazon Prime

Add to Cart

Add to List

Other Sellers on Amazon
New (3) from $64.99 & FREE shipping.
Have one to sell?Sell on Amazon

","width":"460"}" data-action="a-modal" class="a-declarative" style="color: rgb(0, 75, 145); position: absolute; top: 2px; right: 0px; display: inline-block; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial; cursor: pointer;">Ad feedback

• 414EoqEFJgL._SS40_.jpg
  • 51vFt3BkAiL._SS40_.jpg
  • 41i9OHX366L._SS40_.jpg
  • 41a43QYcAyL._SS40_.jpg
  • 41SYgaCkjUL._SS40_.jpg
  • 4187wb669HL._SS40_.jpg
  • 41PhSX0YPQL._SS40_.jpg

Roll over image to zoom in

Koolertron 4.3" LCD Digital USB Microscope Magnifier with Adjustable Stand 1-600X Continuous Magnification Zoom,8 LED Adjustable Light Source,Rechargeable Lithium Battery,Camera Video Recorder

GSS

Yeah, I've had one of these for years. I am lucky that my vision is so myopic that I can focus on this inches away from my eyes, so I can see these tiny parts without need of any help. I can have a tiny board only two inches away from my eyes and see it just fine.
Even with good vision it's a nice extra tool to have.
Probably great to have to check out the new drivers up close that are being sent to you by I think "Thangtung" the member from Vietnam:)

Last edited:

Anthony P

The inner lens of EVERYONE's eye degrades with age. This looks like a very useful tool. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: GSS
Hi GSS ,
Yes the pics from this are very clear surprisingly and am very happy with the purchase. I dont wear glasses but there are times when working in the shop on jobs I get a little fatigued . And this will help a lot and is a really cool devise buddy.
@Anthony,Yes they do degrade it is a natural occurrence , it sure will help me in the shop.

Rich:)

GSS

Hi GSS ,
Yes the pics from this are very clear surprisingly and am very happy with the purchase. I dont wear glasses but there are times when working in the shop on jobs I get a little fatigued . And this will help a lot and is a really cool devise buddy.
@Anthony,Yes they do degrade it is a natural occurrence , it sure will help me in the shop.

Hey even Jewelers use little glass loops even with good eyesight. Different business and needs but same idea right?? If anything not straining your eyes might just help preserve them. "OK" no scientific facts to back it up but I feel that way about my eyes:)

Hi GSS,
Yes anything helps to retain eyesight . I was little reluctant to buy it but glad I did. Just bridged some SXD's to try it came out great. I can see every tiny mark and resistor.

Actually, the only problems we get with the lens in our eyes is cataracts. But, if you stay out of the sun, that can be postponed for years. I am getting on in years, but my last eye exam last year showed no cataracts. I have been a possible candidate for glaucoma, but so far so good. Been checking that for many years now. Unfortunately, my daughter got my poor vision (myopia) and also retinitis pigmentosa. That has been eating away at her peripheral vision for years to the point where she now has little peripheral vision.

Hi, Every little prevention helps and sometime we all need a little edge. And now we have the technology to turn to.

Benm

Hey even Jewelers use little glass loops even with good eyesight. Different business and needs but same idea right?? If anything not straining your eyes might just help preserve them. "OK" no scientific facts to back it up but I feel that way about my eyes:)

Straining your eyes will not really harm them either though. It's a bit of a myth that goes back at least as far as spending too much time reading books and later on sitting too close to the TV and such. It's not the main cause though, plenty of people spent their youth doing very little close work but still develop myopia during puberty as the eye grows in length/depth and your eye lens focuses the images short of your retina.

It is partly true, if you spend most of your time doing 'near work' when growing up the chances of myopia increase. This is mostly seen as a disadvantage as you need glasses to see sharp at infinite distance, but does add some benefit it close range vision.

I have very mild myopia (-2, -1.25) myself and use contact lenses when i need to see sharply far away (like when driving), but wearing them obviously impedes the ability to do very close vision work like tinkering with tiny electronic devices - i just don't wear contacts when i do that kind of stuff ;)

Anthony P

According to my ophthalmologist and laser eye surgeon the inner lens of the eye controls close focus. It is gelatinous but hardens with age. This is why many people who have laser eye surgery still need to wear reading glasses. It is not repairable with current technology

My myopia is -9.25 and -8.25, but it has been bad since birth. It does make my closeup vision very good without correction, though. I can't complain as it has been a benefit in many ways and I have worn glasses or contacts since I was 7 years old. Back in those days they didn't even think about vision much in school. When I was in first and second grade my teachers told my parents I was slow. They knew better and finally had my vision tested.

My daughter inherited my myopia, but I had her vision tested when she was 4 years old. It was a percaution on my part remembering how long I couldn't see far off for such a long time. Until you get your first pair of glasses you don't know that what you can't see is not normal.

Benm

Something like -8 is very serious myopia, not many people get it that badly though luckily it can now be reasonably be corrected with contacts and such (a century ago you'd basically be blind).

With milder cases like -1 or so lenses or glasses sort of change your long distance vision from SD to 4K, which can be a great improvement, but SD is perfectly watchable if you don't need to see great detail. I only found out i needed contacts when i started driving and couldn't read the direction signs on the highway until almost passing under them :)

As for the reading glasses thing: That's true - your ability to accommodate to close work decreases with age. This applies to everyone, but if you start out with a bit of myopia it logically follows that you will be able to retain sharp vision a bit longer with age. The reading glasses problem is due to the lens getting less flexible, while myopia is usually caused by the distance between the lens and retina being too long, for whatever reason.