Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Digi-Key vs Mouser

Kmssd

I'm wondering how the shipping prices are for those two sites. I've ordered from Newark.com and got funky shipping numbers. At the time of the purchase the shipping was stated for once price, while my invoice said another price and lastly my card was charged a third price. Now that p*ssed me off with that site, I'm just trying to see if those two are like newark.com or better with their shipping prices staying what they say.

jib77

Ive ordered from all of them and they all charge shipping outside the scope of the order ... I think its because most of their customers are companies that use their own shipping account number and don't want that showing up on the invoice. I personally order from Mouser because I'm lucky enough to live in the same metro area as they are in so I get ground packages overnight. They do have a shipping estimator and usually its pretty close to what they actually charge.

i think digi key shipping is cheaper than mouser but i prefer to use mouser whenever possible.

JLSE

Ive been a customer of digikey for years.. Each time I am shocked on how speedy they
get the package to my door. They ship from USA and I have had orders land in less that 24hrs from purchase..

Even on large orders I rarely pay duties which is rare as they ship with UPS.
I give digikey a 10 out of 10 for reliability and customer service.

Just my 2 pennies :beer:

I've used both here in the states. Never had any problems with either. I prefer Digi-key, but will go with mouser for some items. I highly recommend both! I've never had any shipping cost issues, it's always been near what I've estimated.

I only use digikey if I have no idea what part number I'm after, and I need to "find" my part before buying it. They have a nice search feature on the site.

But if I know exactly what I'm after, mouser is usually my ultimate choice.

Kmssd

Wow, lots of replies. Thanks guys for all of them, I guess I'll just make an order with one that has all the stuff I need currently in stock. Thanks again guys.

I'll chime in. I've used both and have never had any shipping issues. Whichever one has what I'm looking for gets the order. The inventory is nearly the same, and I usually open a tab for each one and search 1st hit gets the order.

I work on electronics for a living and use all of the above. Galco is also good. Newark generally has what I need. You can call galco and get realy good tech support they are good for trying to find a cross. I usually buy igbt's from them they don't have have as much stock on the ic's dioses and resistors though. I usually search them all and use whoever has what I want. They are all reputable and easy to work with.