Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diffraction grating

Of my pictures that I've done with my laser, right now I'm liking the diffraction grating the best. I thought I'd share some of them, and maybe everyone will share their diffractoin grating pics too!

Attachments

• _MG_7426.JPG
    _MG_7426.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 14,646

S

SenKat

Those are nice - take a peek at the compilation vid I did in the review of the NOVA diffraction gratings....Kinda funny commentary, too !

wow!! That green pic looks really cool. :cool: Thanks for sharing the pic and keep it up with the pics and vids.

SenKat, that video was awesome! "The Light saber is in the chair" lol. I love the circular diffraction gratings. And here's another one for you Faithguy19. Two axis diffraction grating!

Attachments

• _MG_7431.jpg
    _MG_7431.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,081
Nice! Thanks! :) I am hoping to get a camera soon so that I can start posting some pics as well. :cool:

Kenom

what kind of wattage are we looking at for the red and the green? that greeen look insanely bright!

It's a longer exposure Kenom. Mine is probably maxing out at 5 mW. I was going to apologize for the overexposure on the last one, guess I forgot while I was resizing it. :-/ The Red one is much less than the Green, I'm thinking it's one maybe two mWs. I'm hoping my friend who works at Best Buy can help me get a DVD burner for pretty cheap so I can make a high powered red one. I also asked her to check to see if they have some broken ones that they'd be throwing away... I doubt they'll have DVD burners sitting around in the back, but if they do, and I didn't ask, I'll feel stupid :p Does anyone know of any alternatives to the NOVA diffraction gratings that gives a circular spread? I think it looks really cool, but $27 for a single piece of glass with a bunch of grooves cut in it, seems kinda high for me... I might give in though. I'll see if I can think of anything else to do with the diffraction gratings that will be interesting...

On a seperate note, I used a Canon Rebel XT for these shots, I have an IR remote, so I can just set the camera to where the laser will be in focus with the lights on, and then just hit the remote control button, and do my exposures, and then I hit it again to close the shutter. It's really nice when no one else is willing to be awake at 3 AM to take laser pictures with you :cool:

I can't post a link to all my online pics yet, but here is one of my many pics...

Attachments

• Copy_of_DSC00228.JPG
    Copy_of_DSC00228.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 3,084
That's awesome Tropmonky! Now I want to play with some CDs I've got lying around! That makes me wonder how Tunnels will look if I use a CD as the mirror instead of... well, a mirror. Great idea! Now I'm gonna go play!

Things

couldn't you just get one of those packs with the 1mw red and all those different difraction lenses, then put it in front of the greenie?

things said:
couldn't you just get one of those packs with the 1mw red and all those different difraction lenses, then put it in front of the greenie?
You can do that, but instead of making one of the picture it is supposed to, it makes a bunch of duplicates of the picture. So say the head you are using is an arrow, you put it in front of your greenie and it makes 8 arrows. I don't know why it does that with higer powered units but it does.
falchionsmight: Those are some awesome pictures and I think you should buy a laser from a company that gives out stuff for your pictures. So you could send them a bunch of pictures of the laser you bought from them and you could end up getting free lasers or supplies.

styropyro said:
[quote author=things link=1183437917/0#10 date=1183541355]couldn't you just get one of those packs with the 1mw red and all those different difraction lenses, then put it in front of the greenie?
You can do that, but instead of making one of the picture it is supposed to, it makes a bunch of duplicates of the picture. So say the head you are using is an arrow, you put it in front of your greenie and it makes 8 arrows. [/quote]

I always wondered if it would be possible to use those on a Greenie, just never tried. Good to know!

Here is another pic to.

Attachments

• Copy_of_DSC00242.JPG
    Copy_of_DSC00242.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 806