Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DieselMarines 8x Blu Ray Built by Daguin

My 8x in a CR2 keychain host the flex drive was set to 365mA and i was getting 440mW with a low loss glass lens, Daguin is the Man!

Attachments

• brl4.jpg
    brl4.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 159
  • brl1.jpg
    brl1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 160
  • beamshot2.jpg
    beamshot2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 149
  • brl6.jpg
    brl6.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Should Rayleigh scatter a few Talibans, or at least cause a few of them to drop their bum bays.:wtf:

jayrob

I'm 99% sure it's my lens assembly, which is fit for the EzFocus adapter on that build...

Nice beam shots!

Sure is a nice looking host! :D

isnt your ez adapter attached to the focus ring?

the aixiz focus ring is universal between your and larry's assemblies.

I would like to confirm this because im looking to get one these hosts.

jayrob

Yes, that is correct...

What I meant when I said 'fit for the EzFocus adapter', is the measurements of the EzFocus adapter.

Let me explain that there needs to be a small gap between the EzFocus adapter and the host at normal focus. This gap will allow you to focus for long distance focusing if needed.

Now depending on what lens (or in this case, what lens assembly) is used, this 'fit' will be affected.

The length of the lens nut, as well as the position of the lens inside the nut, will affect where the EzFocus adapter will sit, in relation to the host.

From looking at the beam shot pictures, I can tell that it is my lens assembly inside there. Unless Larry's assembly is exactly the same. But I already know that it is not. Because I had one customer that I fit a custom mounted lens for, that told me that Larry's new lens assembly was too long. He sent me his laser, and my 405-G-1 lens assembly was not too long. So there is a difference in the two lens assemblies... (length of nut, and/or lens position inside the nut)

Last edited:
Ok i get it , so with your assembly the gap would be minimal when focused in .

I will send you a pm for a host.

jayrob

That is correct...

I fit the EzFocus adapter for my 405-G-1 lens assembly. Also, it is fit for a 'flush pressed' diode. (it's just the way I have always pressed my diodes)

If you press your diode all the way into the module (past the flush point), then this too will affect the gap between the EzFocus adapter, and the host. It would just give a little larger gap is all...

P.S. If I did not fit my lenses in this way (with a 'flush' pressed diode), then I would get complaints from people who press their diodes flush, not being able to get focus. This way, the people who press their diodes all the way in, just have a bigger gap. But everybody still gets focus.

Last edited: