Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diamond laser power increases 20 fold

For 20 bucks, I don't know how they can afford to even cut the facets. That thing is huge!

Here it is:
The crystal is sitting on a rolled up tube with the laser shooting in the bottom.
crystalG_zpsvown5lc9.jpg

Last edited:
When that 40mm arrives I'm going to try and shoot a bunch of 532's in from the top facets and get the angle just right to see if I can get 1 beam out the bottom, I might have to polish the bottom flat or have it cut at a jewelry shop, it would be pretty cool if it works, could have 1 AR coated even.
It might be possible to have them made with the facets cut at angles and wide flat facets in order to combine beams, there's probably a reason why it won't work, but I will try it anyway.

Last edited:
Wow, that is nice, I hope it looks as nice when I get it, just ordered it. VG: Cyp. is 100% right 100% of the time, you too.... from our own perspectives. We live in a 100% subjective world, why would it be any other way?

I had a coworker who would argue everything, he always had an alternative view... one day after a long discussion where he kept pressing an alternate view I gave up and said, yea, you are right.... What did he say next? "well, not necessarily so!" Arrrrrg!

Wow, that is nice, I hope it looks as nice when I get it, just ordered it. VG: Cyp. is 100% right 100% of the time, you too.... from our own perspectives. We live in a 100% subjective world, why would it be any other way?

I had a coworker who would argue everything, he always had an alternative view... one day after a long discussion where he kept pressing an alternate view I gave up and said, yea, you are right.... What did he say next? "well, not necessarily so!" Arrrrrg!

Being disrespectful is not an alternative perspective. I don't mind healthy arguments but if you act in a disrespectful manner then that's where the problem begins.
As I said, you don't need a degree to learn how to be civil.

Be careful you don't turn into what you hate, hate leads to the dark side.

Diamond lasers can be tuned to yellow/orange output!

Last edited:
I like what is being done with fiber lasers and bragg gratings, the gain medium is in the fiber, I bet the beam quality/profile is very good.

The beam quality is very good.
TEM00 with an M^2 of 1.1 is typical.
The technology is pretty mature and the power is quite high. IPG has 20kW 1064nm lasers for industry and this is what the military is using for their tactical laser weapons.

The pump diodes feed into the cladding and the light then couples along the length into the doped fiber. Bragg gratins, often generated by ultrafast lasers, act to create the cavities. The non-linear fiber can be spliced onto the gain fiber to create the second harmonic. The large surface to volume ratio of these lasers permits high powers to be produced, but the high intensities in the tiny fiber can produce some undesirable, non-linear effects.

I wonder what pump diode is used to get yellow orange out of a synthetic diamond crystal?

That would be too cool if it was 808nm lol, I think they are saying they shift with heat as well, this could be fun.

Well I tried 445 for a few minutes but no shift, but I really don't think this one was man made diamond, I'm pretty sure it was something else but I can't remember what the name was, no matter the 40mm on the way is MM diamond and tested it shall be.

@ DavidX : It could have been monazite but I don't remember, I'm pretty certain it wasn't MM diamond.

SANY0511_zpsjixj4kzx.jpg

SANY0514_zpsoduue1ef.jpg

Last edited:
Raman shifting requires extremely high peak powers because this is not like a dye laser (love them) where the florescence is present at all power levels and just needs to overcome losses to lase. This is why you either need to place the diamond within the cavity to take advantage of the high circulating energy or use a Q switched laser to generate these peak powers outside of the cavity.

Man made diamond is affordable, but not cheep.

All - Application

Of course, and Q switches lasers are........EXPENSIVE, LOL
Otherwise everyone would already be doing this.

Being disrespectful is not an alternative perspective. I don't mind healthy arguments but if you act in a disrespectful manner then that's where the problem begins.
As I said, you don't need a degree to learn how to be civil.

Then why is it so hard for you? Nearly half your replies somehow always bring up your beef with Cyparagon. Everyone except a few of you are quite tired of hearing it. Now you feel you own entire threads neg reppings me and telling me to mind my damn buisness in a public forum. You got some ego on you. Drop it and stay on topic for once.