Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

delete

JayC

Re: Buying laser for friends birthday

I wouldn't ever recommend Ebay lasers unless you know a lot about the seller. Ebay lasers are usually over spec and might not have IR filters installed which means they can be quite dangerous if they are not operated correctly. 25 dollars is a hard budget for green lasers that are of decent quality. For 50 dollars, you can get the Laser Glow Anser which is true 5mw, has an IR filter installed, and is of very high build quality. Laserglow Technologies

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

IsaacT

How old is the kid and how responsible is he? If he is responsible(aka, you would trust him with your life at all times), then feel free to buy 4 532nm pens from either ebay or amazon. One of them is likely to be fairly bright(could be all, more likely one or two), so you can give that to him. And then you have lasers for yourself or to sell to people who get fascinated by yours. Profit.

iJoris

How old is the kid and how responsible is he? If he is responsible(aka, you would trust him with your life at all times), then feel free to buy 4 532nm pens from either ebay or amazon. One of them is likely to be fairly bright(could be all, more likely one or two), so you can give that to him. And then you have lasers for yourself or to sell to people who get fascinated by yours. Profit.

Is he responsible and i trust him but notwith my life :p

iJoris

I wouldn't ever recommend Ebay lasers unless you know a lot about the seller. Ebay lasers are usually over spec and might not have IR filters installed which means they can be quite dangerous if they are not operated correctly. 25 dollars is a hard budget for green lasers that are of decent quality. For 50 dollars, you can get the Laser Glow Anser which is true 5mw, has an IR filter installed, and is of very high build quality. Laserglow Technologies

Hope this helps!
I will look into that thanks!