Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deep Red

Hey, folks. Some of you may know that my favorite wavelength is in the red spectrums. I was thinking of buying this Ushio HL6750MG diode from RPMC lasers.
Ive attached the data sheet on it.
Would I be correct to drive this as a case negative diode and isolated (or use continuous negative driver) ? I’m not sure how to regard the photodiode feature of this diode... I know they’re an internal sensory feedback source for the LD’s intended application. But, for our handheld, laser geek purposes, does this type of diode rely on the photodiode for operation, or can it just be omitted?
Thanks in advance, fam!
SGD🥃

Attachments

• HL6750MG.pdf
    376.8 KB · Views: 42

Peter Zeboroff

Hey, folks. Some of you may know that my favorite wavelength is in the red spectrums. I was thinking of buying this Ushio HL6750MG diode from RPMC lasers.
Would I be correct to drive this as a case negative diode and isolated (or use continuous negative driver) ? I’m not sure how to regard the photodiode feature of this diode... I know they’re an internal sensory feedback source for the LD’s intended application. But, for our handheld, laser geek purposes, does this type of diode rely on the photodiode for operation, or can it just be omitted?
Thanks in advance, fam!
SGD🥃
Hi, are you guys into some high power deep red laser diodes? R.P.M.C is selling 2 watt 660nm laser diodes although they arent exactly cheap.One diode is the LDX-3230-660 at 2 Watts and the other is LDX-3230-665 at 2 watts

Peter Zeboroff

Thanks in advance, fam!
SGD🥃
Hi, I like deep red laser diodes as well and checkout these laser diodes if you havent seen them already, and another one is the LDX-3230-660 2 watts and another is the LDX-3230-665 2 watts at R.P.M.C

Attachments

• HL65213HD.pdf
    271.7 KB · Views: 3

Giannis_TDM

Hi, are you guys into some high power deep red laser diodes? R.P.M.C is selling 2 watt 660nm laser diodes although they arent exactly cheap.One diode is the LDX-3230-660 at 2 Watts and the other is LDX-3230-665 at 2 watts
Well well well
We found what diodes were in the 656 red arrays! early eng sample of these!

farbe2

I did order a ?20mw? 685nm diode from eBay for around 20$.

I did not see a color difference between this diode and a run of a mill 660 LPC diode. The deeper diode was only much darker to the eye at the same power level. I would have used my diode to build a pointer but I didn't. The difference was not worth the hassle.

kecked

Can you just heat a 660nm diode to drive it deeper? Thinking like how you cool then to go shorter.

farbe2

that’s certainly doable! However heating has a lower limit than cooling. In theory you could cool to 0k that’s 293k lower than normal operating temperature. This would give us around 53nm lower wavelength.
Heating could be done to a million degrees. However we would certainly kill the diode. We at least need to be lower than the meltingpoint of the solder that’s used to solder the die to the case. I would expect indium solder with around 100C melting point. This would only give us 80k increase thus 14,5nm increased wavelength. However I don’t think that we can use (at full power) the diode at this temperature. The thermal resistance of the die is high, so the actual die temperature would be much higher even at 20C case temperature. This means we would kill the diode fast if we would attempt a high Temperatur low power run.