Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dear Dave (daguin) : Hope to get my account LaserIHB reinstate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious what happened. Looked like he Hong was really trying to play by the rules. His sales threads seemed pretty good actually... I mean how many chinese sellers are there that LPM their lasers?

daguin

Hong, I have read this thread. I am aware of both why and when you were banned before as well as why you came to our attention this time.

Returning after a ban under a new name is not allowed. Posting from a proxy is NOT allowed. Disguising a "For Sale" thread as a "review" is SPAM. Posting multiple "for sale" threads, by a commercial company, in the Buy/Sell/Trade board is SPAM.

You are a company. The B/S/T board is for members. There are several ways to become a commercial advertiser here. LPF is NOT your personal advertising board.

Coldshadow is able to help you with your advertising goals here.

Also, repeatedly PMing me trying to "talk me into something" after I told you it was already being discussed, is not helping you. The admin and moderators are in Canada, the US, and Australia. It takes some time to talk things through

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** -- For those of you wondering, this thread was opened three minutes after he sent the PM, he refers to above,to me :thinking:
He has sent two more since I told him AT 6:52am THIS MORNING, that we were discussing his situation.

Last edited:

DJNY

Dave, was he told that before he got banned?

I understand that you and other mods can´t warn everyone before but at least he was/is VERY honest to us people down here. Also his reviews were from products he purchased for reselling them determing on the quality of the received product.

He could pay for an advertising spot, and also post deals and discounts that he's offering and whatnot. And respond to people's questions, etc.

He could become one of the more trustworthy chinese companies in time, but it would be unfair to other advertisers if he didn't have to pay for it.

daguin

Dave, was he told that before he got banned?

I understand that you and other mods can´t warn everyone before but at least he was/is VERY honest to us people down here. Also his reviews were from products he purchased for reselling them determing on the quality of the received product.

It is not my intention to argue for moderators' actions. The reason we are chosen to be moderators is because of our even headed and even handed treatment of members. Discussing moderating actions and decisions with members and/or the people having the action taken against them would bog down the process so much that very little would get done.

Somewhere along the line, you have to decide to trust the admin.

I will tell you that you have no idea how much moderation goes on behind the scenes in this forum. And, yes. "Companies" are handled differently than "members."

Peace,
dave

IIRC he bought lasers to resell on the forum, and he reviewed them. Did he put up multiple sales threads? That would be a :tsk::tsk: One sale thread per item... and obviously if they are identical lasers... there should be only one thread.

Obviously we have no way of knowing this to be true, but he says he only buys a few lasers at a time to test and resell. Quite a few members buy lasers, review them, and sell them... Personally I think it's actually a good service to the community:thinking:

So far he has also been very honest... I mean actually saying that the lasers are 40% IR in his own sale thread, I don't see a chinese scammer doing that...

If he does plan to sell on a larger scale... I do agree an advertising spot and payment would be in order.

Edit:

Somewhere along the line, you have to decide to trust the admin.

I will tell you that you have no idea how much moderation goes on behind the scenes in this forum. And, yes. "Companies" are handled differently than "members."

Completely agree with all of that. Companies should be treated differently than individuals... no question about that. Just seemed weird in this case, since it looked like the guy was really trying to play by the rules.

Last edited:

DJNY

I never put a question mark over the forum activity behind the curtain. Most of us have a life which goes above posting here. I have near more PM than posts - having privacy is fine. Back to the topic. He is acting as a drop shipper from TAOBAO, has the equipment and the knowledge to test the products he is selling on his homepage later on. While I agree that he shouldn´t post reviews of the products he is selling, I think he deserved a message before he got banned that he acts against the rules. No he knows, learned it the hard way, and I´m sure he is gonna respect this for his future here! :beer:

IIRC he bought lasers to resell on the forum, and he reviewed them. .

Yes, then shortly after exposed his company in his avatar, and sig. So in reality he was reviewing his own products. Which is spam, period. The guy is smart, and shifty too. He had me conned till I saw his company name.

Yes, then shortly after exposed his company in his avatar, and sig. So in reality he was reviewing his own products. Which is spam, period. The guy is smart, and shifty too. He had me conned till I saw his company name.

Seems there's more to this than I was aware of.

He is actually with/from a company? Not doing this as an individual? What company?

If so.... no more questions from me. IMO there should be different standards for hobby builders/sellers vs actual companies.

DJNY

Thought he just has his page with a hand of lasers, he doesn´t have the same rules like a company has and he will be also hard to find if he scams somebody :whistle:
Anyway, IMO the guy with his LaserHIB account wasn´t bad for the community. He has the ressources to get us some lasers with good prices and making money. Don´t see a mistake in this calculation.

The review just showed the quality of some of his lasers. EVERYONE else will be able to right a (very positive) review just for selling it a few days later. My point is that LaserHIB, like InfinitusEquitas also mentioned above, told that the laser has a lot of IR in it and people can make their own decison.

Last edited:
That thread got deleted.

Well, regardless of that, if he is working for a company... that changes things.

Companies should pay to advertise. Period.

I really wish threads weren't deleted when members get banned though. The idea of deleting any history irks me.

I mean I know it's all backed up and can be brought back if needed, but would be nice for us mere non mod mortals to be able to see the history. That way scam threads can also be referenced for future use/education.

Phi why do you care so much? OK, you had a good experience, but he just another Chinese laser pimp. He is not established, and the only person who has had any experience with him is you. So why do you keep sticking up for him. Who cares if he goes. There will be another 50 on the way. If he didnt read the forum rules, then its his own fault. And from what I and others see, he's pretty shady, and a typical spammer. So screw him.

Phi why do you care so much? OK, you had a good experience, but he just another Chinese laser pimp. He is not established, and the only person who has had any experience with him is you. So why do you keep sticking up for him. Who cares if he goes. There will be another 50 on the way. If he didnt read the forum rules, then its his own fault. And from what I and others see, he's pretty shady, and a typical spammer. So screw him.

Here's the thing... I really don't see many honest chinese laser sellers on the forum. Although I have seen MANY chinese scammers and spammers.

The number of semi cheap, semi reputable laser companies is basically at two: o-like and rayfoss. Even those two have been less than stellar lately.

So another source of cheap on spec or close to it, chinese lasers would be a benefit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.