Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deanodized C6

Wow, great job:gj: that is better than what I can do. Too bad I don't have greased lightning sitting around.

The fingerprint problem was already mentioned; won't de-anodizing it expose the host to elevated corrosion risk as well? I think it would get scratched terribly, too. But then again, I'm judging by what my "actve carry" lasers have to put up with, rather than lasers which primarily reside in their Pelican cases.

I think if I ever de-anodized a host for cosmetic reasons, I would get it re-anodized such that the coating is colorless transparent. I wouldn't want the drudge work of polishing and whatnot associated with bare aluminum's durability issues.

Stein

The fingerprint problem was already mentioned; won't de-anodizing it expose the host to elevated corrosion risk as well? I think it would get scratched terribly, too. But then again, I'm judging by what my "actve carry" lasers have to put up with, rather than lasers which primarily reside in their Pelican cases.

I think if I ever de-anodized a host for cosmetic reasons, I would get it re-anodized such that the coating is colorless transparent. I wouldn't want the drudge work of polishing and whatnot associated with bare aluminum's durability issues.

These are some of the reasons why I decided not to polish the aluminum! This host shouldn't receive much ware, as this is one of my "novelty" hosts. I urge you to do this for your self and post how you solved these problems yourself!

I think all you need to re-anodize is a boric acid solution. Make the part positive and use a scarcroficial
electrode as negative and keep upping the voltage until you're satisfied.

Stein

I think all you need to re-anodize is a boric acid solution. Make the part positive and use a scarcroficial
electrode as negative and keep upping the voltage until you're satisfied.

I'd rather not re-anodize, because I fully accept the results of my experiment! Later on down the road I may re-visit the project and revise it, but until then I am hay with the results. :)

Then again, if I wanted a shiny C6 I would just get one of those stainless steel ones.

ECBL

Nice work man! I was curious about this since I got my new C6.
I love the look of natural metal finish and was tempted to get the SL-SSH... this changes everything :thanks: