Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dead laser memorabilia/use

So, I don't quite remember where I saw the idea but to who ever I owe props to... it's yours. :)

But I thought this was cute :) Diode neo magnet

Attachments

• IMG_4700.jpg
    IMG_4700.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4701.jpg
    IMG_4701.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 59

hi, Now thats a first Shotgun, good thinking. i a sure some of us can fill a refrigerator door full of these ..

Rich:)

I still don't understand why they use a ferrous back plate, seems like a heat bottleneck, a copper alloy could be made strong.

I do wonder if the gold coating is a big part of the heat vehicle, they bond to the blocks with indium foil that is a good carrier of heat and has a low melting point of 157 C, but still I would expect the back plate to be non ferrous and something like copper or copper alloy.

Last edited:
Little ways to keep our beloved diodes I guess. Not that I'm dying for more dead diodes :shhh:

GSS

Little ways to keep our beloved diodes I guess. Not that I'm dying for more dead diodes :shhh:
Yup, lets just hope you don't end up with a fridge door full of diode tacked posted notes:eek:
Really cool idea that's for sure;)

Last edited:
I've been tossing out bad diodes for years now. Never thought about collecting them. Didn't know until today that the diodes were iron containing. Magnets for your dead soldiers. :crackup:

Reactions: GSS
I'm going to start sticking my dead FlatTop UltraFire 18650s on the fridge.
They already have magnets.

:crackup:

Reactions: GSS