Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dden4012 collection

I actually don't own an S4X. I was just surprised that a BE made by one company would work with another but I suppose the adapter works for a certain size only. What size thread is that? Also, do the BE's work on the pocket series by any chance? Even though the single mode diode don't really need it too much.
Haha. Yeah I had to email Podo a few times to get a clear answer on how to use them. In fact when I just got into this I wasn't sure what would fit with what, where to get a host and so on. I emailed the vendors and got some answers. Some of it was kind of cryptic to me.
attachment.php

That's an Ocarlo 700mw 635nm. Its needs the beam expander, actually it could use a host like badboybilly made a few days ago.

Last edited:

I have an Oclaro 700mw in a C6. Is the beam expander made out of quality metal like the other lasers they sell. It jut looks a bit thin in that picture and it's quite expensive ($55). I'd buy one for $20
I could use it on my 3w 445 silver series or my 800mw 635 challenger. I wouldn't say my Oclaro in the C6 needs a beam expander like a 44 does but it certainly is bar.

Last edited:
I have an Oclaro 700mw in a C6. Is the beam expander made out of quality metal like the other lasers they sell. It jut looks a bit thin in that picture and it's quite expensive ($55). I'd buy one for $20
I could use it on my 3w 445 silver series or my 800mw 635 challenger. I wouldn't say my Oclaro in the C6 needs a beam expander like a 44 does but it certainly is bar.
Its pretty diesel. Feels like stainless steel. I've only had an issue with one of them and it was with one of the lenses. Podo sent me a replacement and a spare.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Dden4012 and Accutronitis. Make sure you find yourself an appropriate beam stop. The NUBM44 burns/smokes off the black coating on steel and anything else it touches. Be careful. :)

Dden4012 and Accutronitis. Make sure you find yourself an appropriate beam stop. The NUBM44 burns/smokes off the black coating on steel and anything else it touches. Be careful. :)
Thanks for the warning and I with keep it foremost in my mind when handling it with batteries in it.... :thanks:

I guess if a person has never had any experienced (like me) with such powerful beam it could be possible at first to be surprised by it's true danger so I thank you for the warning ! Really ! :thanks:

Something like this should probably be treated like a loaded hand gun and that how I will think of it from now on ! :gun:

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You're welcome. Most definitely. You could burn your house down with that laser, let alone any eye injuries. One of my friends recorded me once burning through roughly 30cm of orange styrofoam end to end. It was burning through roughly at 10-15mm a second. You could see the beam travelling from the side, and it made a very impressive noise. Certainly not a laser you want to be messing around with. :beer:

Wow ! Now I'm even more excited to get my hands on it and see for myself what it can do ! :drool: I like dangerous a lot ! lol

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm fond of a bit of danger myself I admit, but stick to protocol with this one. That is for sure! :)

Oh yes for sure, Fond of a bit of danger doesn't mean be stupid or careless but you already know that ! :friend:

Fond of a bit of danger should always include a healthy respect for the danger at all times ! :worthy:

Last edited:

The 06 can also eat the paint off a ceiling. The 44 is a waste without better optics. Even the 07 needs more than a lens and beam expander. But that's just out of my reach. I had to pop the window on my 44 it only puts out around 5w now but still wrecks wasps on the patio.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, I wish the NUBM44 had better beam specs naturally. But it would be so much more dangerous if it did. :p

The 06 can also eat the paint off a ceiling. The 44 is a waste without better optics. Even the 07 needs more than a lens and beam expander. But that's just out of my reach. I had to pop the window on my 44 it only puts out around 5w now but still wrecks wasps on the patio.

Are there better optics available ?

And if not what is the best that can be done at the moment ?

And why did you have to pop the window on yours

And is there anyway for me to avoid having to do that with mine as well ?

Sorry for all the questions....... :undecided:

but still wrecks wasps on the patio

That's what I like to hear ! lol :eg:

Last edited: