Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dark War Glaive Lightsaber! NUBM07E 470nm!

Hey there guys! So I was inspired by the other lightsaber builds posted here and decided to finally make my own! The process was extremely similar to past saber builds so I didn't really bother to much taking process pictures. All I really had to do was install a contact board.

The host came from the website called Ultra Sabers.
Here's the hilt itself: https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/diy-darkwarglaive.htm

Here are some pics of the final result.

This is the NUBM07E in a 25mm copper module with stock lens and driver set to 4.5A, and it seems to fit in the head very well. For anyone interested, the head was a hair over 25mm and the inside diameter of the body is about 33mm. I'm not sure if that is the standard body/head diameters but I assume that all of the sabers are close as the polycarbonate blades look to be all the same size.

I must buy a better camera as my iPhone doesn't show how incredibly blue this laser is. It's much blue-er than my previos 07E:D Amazingly blue in fact.

I just wanted to do a quick share on this build as I like it very much! I may try and find a way to fit the Sanwu 3X on here as well!

Thank you so much for taking a look!

One hell of a sceptre you've crafted. Did you mean the gball lens like stock can and gball or? It has a nice beam.

One hell of a sceptre you've crafted. Did you mean the gball lens like stock can and gball or? It has a nice beam.

Whatever the factory lens is called. I always mix up the difference between them. The beam is very nice but one of the axis is slightly off. But that tends to happen with the stock lenses. A 3X always fixes that though:D

Whatever the factory lens is called. I always mix up the difference between them. The beam is very nice but one of the axis is slightly off. But that tends to happen with the stock lenses. A 3X always fixes that though:D

Really curious about the 07gball and 3x BE. On the two gball diodes (06 and 01) I, have the focus is too thin coming right out of the BE. Know what I mean?

Nice work, mean looking and built with some weight, I like them with some mass.

Nice work, mean looking and built with some weight, I like them with some mass.

Same:D
I like to know that I could bludgeon a home invader with my lasers if the need ever came around:crackup:

I'n all seriousness though, I like my hosts sizes/shapes to correlate to the diode inside:p

Really curious about the 07gball and 3x BE. On the two gball diodes (06 and 01) I, have the focus is too thin coming right out of the BE. Know what I mean?

Yeah I had that problem too. I had to play around with the focus on the expander itself to get the right beam that I wanted:D

Last edited:
I was going to ask how you got such a nice beam with the gball lens, but you already answered that question. Nice looking build. I see what you mean about the camera. The beam should look more aquamarine than it does. Congratulations. ;)

I was going to ask how you got such a nice beam with the gball lens, but you already answered that question. Nice looking build. I see what you mean about the camera. The beam should look more aquamarine than it does. Congratulations. ;)

Yeah, I might try and get a decent camera with my state tax return once that comes in. And thanks:beer:

Jhop

Very cool man. I love seeing unique builds like this. :bowdown:

Very cool! I have a Darth Vader (Graflex) "Fx Lightsaber" that was upgraded to a bright red LED and fitted with a dueling blade (in 2009). I also attached one of the blades to a 60-100 mWatt 532 with nice results.