Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dangers Of Selling Lasers Here?

Make no mistake. Selling handheld lasers over 5mW is illegal unless it has all the safety features listed by the FDA.
It doesn't matter how much pages disclaimer you write.
It is just how much risk you want to take for the coins.

All we can do is warning about the dangers of the lasers. We have the responsibility if anything goes wrong. I try to minimize it by including safety goggles and laser warning stickers at the sales.

You are still the original supplier of an illegal device..
I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket...

Jerry

Its illegal to "sell" him a laser. There is no proof I "sold" it to him. It was a gift for all they know, the papers are to protect me from his misuse, not me "selling" him an illegal item. He didnt pay me thru paypal, i didnt go with him to the bank. Trust me, im protected. I didnt break the law, at least none that they can prove. And if the FDA wants to waste more money then they are saving they can have a crack at it. Now if this was done on the computer, to a stranger. Which payed me by paypal and left a note saying it was for the laser, then the FDA would have something.

This reminds me about all the paranoid idiots on FB who keep posting all these disclaimers telling the govt. they dont have permission to look or go thru their social media stuff. Honestly who care, you shouldnt have anything to hide. If your social media is the best they can find to get bad stuff against you then they already failed. I personally feel bad for the people in Utah that have to go thru all the social media BS all day for their job...

Last edited:

Wow, I guess that I had better stop selling lasers via my facebook wall. :crackup:

ya, they are posting crap like this "PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee , agent , student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICES"

Im pretty sure when you agree to the waiver FB gives you when you create an account you wave all the rights stated above in the quote. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
So their idea is to wallpaper the world's most visited site with their personal information and then ask people not to use it?

Woah.

Seriously, how much more ridiculous can it get?

stupidpeople.gif

Last edited:
A freaking man! I use to question peoples common sense. I figured there would be some standard of common sense for people in America... Boy was I actually being stupid. My fiance knows this female who graduated from Garland High a few years back, yet was clueless about birth control... WTH?!?!?

No longer is there such thing as "common" sense. The norm these days for most people defaults to idiocy.