Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Damaged the 6x...

yea not really, maybe $100 bucks for a defective 6x.

But wow, that diode was massacred lol...

regards,

amk

amkdeath said:
yea not really, maybe $100 bucks for a defective 6x.

regards,

amk

I ran it up to 1.6A after I was sure it was dead ;D

It got pretty bright (for an LED) until about 600mA then the wires inside burnt up. I got the diode under the microscope and I could see a bit of damage on the die. I managed to get the tiny tiny wire soldered together again (it broke in the middle and the two ends were still very close to each other... I basically just touched the iron to the wires and they fused) and played with the led a bit longer until I pushed it to over 600mA again and the wire broke again, this time in a way that I couldn't fix it. Poor little guy :)

daguin

GooeyGus said:

It got pretty bright (for an LED) until about 600mA then the wires inside burnt up. I got the diode under the microscope and I could see a bit of damage on the die. I managed to get the tiny tiny wire soldered together again (it broke in the middle and the two ends were still very close to each other... I basically just touched the iron to the wires and they fused) and played with the led a bit longer until I pushed it to over 600mA again and the wire broke again, this time in a way that I couldn't fix it. Poor little guy :)

You're mean . . . . . . . I like that in a man [smiley=evil.gif]

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1215427814/12#18 date=1215613454]
I ran it up to 1.6A after I was sure it was dead  ;D

It got pretty bright (for an LED) until about 600mA then the wires inside burnt up. I got the diode under the microscope and I could see a bit of damage on the die. I managed to get the tiny tiny wire soldered together again (it broke in the middle and the two ends were still very close to each other... I basically just touched the iron to the wires and they fused) and played with the led a bit longer until I pushed it to over 600mA again and the wire broke again, this time in a way that I couldn't fix it. Poor little guy  :)

You're mean . . . . . . .  I like that in a man  [smiley=evil.gif]

Peace,
dave[/quote]

You're making me blush
oopsie.gif

GooeyGus said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1215427814/12#17 date=1215613187]yea not really, maybe $100 bucks for a defective 6x.

regards,

amk

It got pretty bright (for an LED) until about 600mA then the wires inside burnt up. I got the diode under the microscope and I could see a bit of damage on the die. I managed to get the tiny tiny wire soldered together again (it broke in the middle and the two ends were still very close to each other... I basically just touched the iron to the wires and they fused) and played with the led a bit longer until I pushed it to over 600mA again and the wire broke again, this time in a way that I couldn't fix it. Poor little guy :)[/quote]

LOL, Now Im glad you are not in the military LOL

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D