Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Daguin's lonely blu-ray (NEW PICS & VIDEO)

My whole experience with Daguin was superb! He shipped the laser very fast! He included extra batteries because I had mentioned that I would not be able to get a charger before I go on vacation! He replied to all my questions within a few hours and the laser was packaged perfectly!

The laser is awesome! It is very bright and it can burn through white paper in seconds! It easily lights up glow in the dark materials and it has a focusing lens. He even put a cover over the lens so that no dust would get on it! The only small drawback to the whole laser is that it is a little hard to focus.

pictures and a video
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1218937769

Re: Daguin's lonely blu-ray

If this is your first violet laser, the reason why it may seem hard to focus is because our eyes can't process 405nm very well. The dot looks just like a blur from 20 feet, but if you walk up to the dot you will be able to tell it is a dot and not just a blur.

This review would be better if you added some pictures of this awesome laser... ::) ;D

Use sunglasses and it will be much better to get focus :)

i didn't mean hard to focus like seeing the dot, i meant hard to focus as in turning the lens

also,
i would post pictures but when i plug my cell phone into my computer it doesnt show up on "My computer"
and i do not have accses to a digital camera

daguin

laserlover said:
My whole experience with Daguin was superb! He shipped the laser very fast! He included extra batteries because I had mentioned that I would not be able to get a charger before I go on vacation! He replied to all my questions within a few hours and the laser was packaged perfectly!

The laser is awesome! It is very bright and it can burn through white paper in seconds! It easily lights up glow in the dark materials and it has a focusing lens. He even put a cover over the lens so that no dust would get on it! The only small drawback to the whole laser is that it is a little hard to focus.

I'm so happy it made it in time. I was a little apprehensive. I just checked the USPS website and it doesn't show it as being delivered yet. As Styropyro said, 405nm takes a little getting used to. If it is focusing enough to burn white paper, you are getting it focused just fine ;) Different people "see" the 405nm wavelength differently. For example, I need it to be above 150mW just to be able to see it at all! Maybe that's why I build big burnin' blu-rays ;)

Have fun on vacation. Remember, 10440's are not protected. Don't run them "dry."

Peace,
dave

laserlover said:
i didn't mean hard to focus like seeing the dot, i meant hard to focus as in turning the lens

also,
i would post pictures but when i plug my cell phone into my computer it doesnt show up on "My computer"
and i do not have accses to a digital camera

Ooops! Yeah. The Aixiz acrylic lens has to be screwed in pretty far to focus these. I use just one fingernail in one of the "grooves" on the front of the lens to focus them. The Merideth module is easier to focus, but it is $37 + $10 flat rate shipping charge :eek:

See you when you get back :)

Peace,
dave

For me, my i see the 405nm wavelength almost as good as i see 650nM!

daguin

Spyderz20x6 said:

I am very jealous :'(

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1217017893/0#5 date=1217020516]For me, my i see the 405nm wavelength almost as good as i see 650nM!

I am very jealous  :'(

Peace,
dave[/quote]
Hehe... :cool:

thanks for the last minute help! and in 3...2...1... I'm off for vacation, see ya!

Spyderz20x6 said:
It's weird how people see 405 so differently. My BR pointer is more visible to me than my 280MW red.

for me, up close is easy to see, but if im shining it at an object more that around 50 feet the dot just looks really blurry even when it is focused.

i can also see my beam of my blu ray better than my red but at far distances it seems like its harder to see

daguin

thesk8nmidget said:
i can also see my beam of my blu ray better than my red but at far distances it seems like its harder to see

The shorter the wavelength the more it gets "scattered" by the air.

Peace,
dave