Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

daguin "Laser Saber" un-Box, Pics, Beam

Hello,

This is my first "review" on my first high powered laser. Feel free to critique my shots and explanation etc etc. I am still getting used to shooting this laser with my dslr.

OK,
on 7-23-13 I see a "Daguin's at cost sale". I scroll down to see a very sharp looking "Laser Saber" with an impressive power output of "1.6W" via the M-140 445nm diode driven at 1.8A powered by two 18650's (that were included along with a holster).

The transaction was very pleasant and smooth. Great communication. A few timely PM's were exchanged and the item was paid for AND shipped on the same day (23'rd).

The package came on 7-25-13 from California to Pennsylvania :) Props to USPS

The package

Very nice packing/protection

I am very pleased with this holster that was included

This feels very nice in the hand. It is balanced well also. Feels solid

The only thing I wanted to change was the focuser/lense. It seemed like it got a little to loose and had a tiny bit of "play" at infinity. This was by NO MEANS a big deal.
The idea immediately poped into my head of "Teflon thread tape". It worked quite well at "tightening" up the threads just enough. You can see it below.

NONE of these beam photos are with smoke. The camera (Nikon D3100) was in auto with a "normal" shutter speed and ISO. I cant real the exact figures.

My only "Camera phone" pic. I thought it looked neat.

At night. Camera still in auto. Definitely wasn't a long exposure. The kitchen light was on along with the TV in the living room

This exposure was 5 seconds to illuminate the yard and my house. The laser was on and off as quick as I could "clicky" it. I only did this ounce. It was SO bright. Also, I vigilantly checked for aircraft in all directions from zenith to horizon before the second pic here.

So Iam VERY pleased with this laser's performance and feel. I thought I knew what to expect from a laser with this power output but I was BLOWN AWAY. These are a "whole nother beast" in person.

It was also a pleasure to do business with daguin. THANKS again.

OK guys. Be nice lol

ped

She's a beaut.

Looks like torque wrench handle!

Nice grab.

Thank you. YES I absolutely love it ^.

Also, I cant believe I didn't mention. This thing burns very easy even lighter colored stuff. In deciding on a laser I was more concerned with a visible beam (other than green).

Amazing! my sabre from dag should be here today in an hour or so, same thing shipped 2days cali to new york. i cant wait. my 100mw green will be my night toy and this will be my daytime burner/ carry around toy. plus i look forward to popping some un suspecting car dealership baloons from curb side ^^ heheh

Sounds like you might get the fever too. I got a 5mw sight first, saw a maybe 50mW green, and got the fever. my first high power was 1W spartan, fever worsened. got 1.5W rifle, sold spartan. fever worsened. just got my ~3.3W 445. you think 1.5W is crazy until you see what 3W+ can do. my illness is bad now, I feel the urge to posses all handheld diode and DPSS wavelengths. hopefully if I ever do this, the illness won't spread to gas lasers, labs, and projectors. doctor bills are piling up:D

If I get or have "the bug" like my few other hobbies it will be way to much for my wife to handle. lol

Astronomy has zaped my funds enough wich followed an obsession with building a "fast" four cylinder...

*edit. playing around tonight (my wife is at work) and this thing has incredible power.....Its STILL surprising me

Last edited: