Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cypreus series host

Hi folks,
Does anyone remember when Sinner made these small pen like hosts? Solid copper with a brass focus adapter click in the back. Runs on 1- 10440 cell has a 450nm single mode diode this one has an E drive.. Bought this and all the other stuff for 65.00. And it came with a 650nm open can diode. I have another Sinner host like this one coming but it takes 2-10440 cells.

Attachments

• IMG_1125.JPG
    IMG_1125.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1130.JPG
    IMG_1130.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1128.JPG
    IMG_1128.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 60

GSS

Copper is sure nice, its heavy, really nice when polished, probably the best conductor but Lifetime how does it feel in your hand after some use? meaning copper gets your hand dirty when useing it so do you have to take extra care not to say get the lens dirty? On special ocassions it has to be nice:)

hi,
Feels great nice heft for a little host as for heat none with the 450nm single mode diode. The lens is always clean as with all my lenses. I have the same host coming but takes 2- 10440 cells. Glad you like it G.

Always liked the things you built really clean. You got tons of money dude!!!

HI L,
i just like building better ways to do it time and again. I have another 15 hosts i have to build. Have only 3 diodes in stock The SAIk SA 305 i just build is getting torn down . its getting the new NUG 1W 520nm die in it. And another SAIK getting the new 6+ 450nm big boy.

Rich:)

Gabe

Do you guys think it would work if you coated a copper or brass host in clear spray laquer to retain the shine and avoid getting your hands all metallic?

HI GABE,
WELL i don't mind cleaning my buids, i use Flitz metal polish. Magic wadding polish both great items less work no problem. Clear spray i would think would chip os scratch just my opinion. I know they have a clear coat works on my restored oil lamps great stuff. Thank you for your sediment .

Gabe

Ah I see. Just I used to have a bullet pen, brass shell as the cap and brass body, it drove me right fúcking NUTS whenever id use it and my hands would get that penny-metallic smell. I have a plate of natural copper that's been mirror pilished and coated in a thick layer of I believe epoxy, so that's where I got the idea.

hi,
Well i understand now if it works why not. aI lke to polish metals for self satisfaction.
Put a buffer wheel on my grinder 123 done super shine, and you can touch it up without compounds after that .The thick layer of epoxy must be like a coat of armor sweet.

GSS

I had put clear coat about 20 years ago on my bedroom door knobs and back plates that are solid brass and only the entering door knob has the clear coat worn off for now, im guessing it would be the same for copper? Im grabbing a piece of copper rod from work and il spray with the clear coat when I can, a few of us should do it and put it through its paces like we do a laser and see what happens

Yes the clear coat will have the same ware effect on copper and brass.
Try it out I just hope we don't have to wait 20 years to find out about this Ware Test LOL!
Rich.:)

Hi,
Considering its all copper its like one huge heat sink. I been thinking what to put in it haven't decided yet. So many choices wish i had a few of these hosts. There hard to come by I'm assuming Sinner made these some time back aways. I would also like a host like this with a set screw instead of a press fit for flexability.

Rich.. :)

GSS

Hi,
Considering its all copper its like one huge heat sink. I been thinking what to put in it haven't decided yet. So many choices wish i had a few of these hosts. There hard to come by I'm assuming Sinner made these some time back aways. I would also like a host like this with a set screw instead of a press fit for flexability.

I was going to say just to drill and tap your own set screw but then you have an issue with needing to bore out the host at were the module goes in. You only really need like .001 of an inch. Do you think you can do it slowly over time with a dremmel? Curious as to how much power you can put before the host gets to hot to hold

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi,

Check with sinner, he may still have some of those, or maybe he can still have more of them made. :)
Probably most any of the machinists out there could bore out yours to make it fit a 12mm module.

I was going to say just to drill and tap your own set screw but then you have an issue with needing to bore out the host at were the module goes in. You only really need like .001 of an inch. Do you think you can do it slowly over time with a dremmel? Curious as to how much power you can put before the host gets to hot to hold

Hi,
That is what I'm going to try with the host i have coming should be here today.
Sounds like fun to do. Sorry about the late reply i was thinking the same for the last 4 days. awesome i let you know how it goes.

Check with sinner, he may still have some of those, or maybe he can still have more of them made. :)
Probably most any of the machinists out there could bore out yours to make it fit a 12mm module.

Hi,
I am going to contact Sinner about these hosts i really like them all copper . the other one should be here today. Same host but holds 2-10440 cells this should be interesting. I have plenty of tools to work with so ill bore out the host and tap it with a set screw in 4/40 . I do this with all my DTR 510 sinks instead of squeezing the ground between the module and sink. I tap a thread into the back of the 510 better grounding no broken wires.. Also sorry about the late reply Pal..