Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cylindrical correction optics for 445, 638

Sorry DL. You didnt say anything after the first time I asked, and I have no reason to reread the first post.

Thank you, looks tight. I'm trying to gather some Rubles now.

drlava

Updated first post.. also, round 2 has been ordered, so it's likely they wil both come at the same time.

Are you doing a round 3? I was just stopping in to get in on round 2...

-Im just assuming you are.. Payment sent.. thanks..

Last edited:
order placed. :)

edit: Oops... I didnt notice round 2 had already been closed when I ordered. I suppose I've just been thrown into round three or is a refund in my foreseeable future?

Last edited:

JLSE

Anybody else waiting for word on these? PM's sent with no answer. Payment sent for three sets..

An update or PM would be greatly appreciated..

Morgan

Bit elusive our local locum can be... An update would be nice though. I think August was mentioned at some point.

M
:)

JLSE

Bit elusive our local locum can be... An update would be nice though. I think August was mentioned at some point.

M

Cool, thanks :beer:

Well, considering Aug. isnt over yet, im sure all is well.

I have a badass 3W labby that makes my teeth grind every time that flat beam
comes out...

@DrLava, I promise I have a very good home for those sets, if this helps move things along any faster...

DSC03484.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I posted an update.. the first round has been ordered, expect delivery early Aug.

Yeah.... I could use a tighter ETA as well drlava...
It's almost the middle of Aug..:beer:

Is the ETA quoted above shipped to you or to the
buyers...:thinking:

@ Wannaburn.... not quite sure of what you are showing
in your pics... If that is the labby you're talking about...
how about a look inside...:D
Me thinks 2 LDs....:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:

JLSE

@ Wannaburn.... not quite sure of what you are showing
in your pics... If that is the labby you're talking about...
how about a look inside...:D
Me thinks 2 LDs....:whistle:

Jerry

I updated the pic, crappy free hosting servers are down half the time...

But still no Caramilk Secret :na:

I could however call it a 4.5W, but that would be pushing it :evil:

Last edited:

Morgan

Hmmm, I look forward to seeing a thread all of your own Wannaburn. I'm intrigued!:pop: Knife-edged? If so, just knife-edge some more and you won't need the corrective optics! :crackup:I'll PM my address so you can forward them on. Don't worry, there'll be no charge! ;):na:

M

JLSE

Hmmm, I look forward to seeing a thread all of your own Wannaburn. I'm intrigued!:pop: Knife-edged? If so, just knife-edge some more and you won't need the corrective optics! :crackup:I'll PM my address so you can forward them on. Don't worry, there'll be no charge! ;):na:

M

I will open a thread when I get the time, but most likely after the optics land at my door.
True enough that the beam will almost self correct when you combine many of them, but the divergence is still horrible, and the beam is still pretty much square / rectangular.

Although it still appears nicer than a single 445 flat profile, some correction is a must if a nice beam is to be had.

Also, got a return PM from DrLava... Im in the second GB and should be seeing my sets shortly after the 20th (fingers crossed).

I just hope he stocks up on these and has more available other than just in GB's. I have not been able to find anything like what he is offering elsewhere, and the price is good

In answer to the internal setup, these are in fact 'knife edged' just on a small scale with an unconventional setup. I have pics somewhere on an external drive and just haven't bothered to include them... But probably will when I start a show and tell thread.

Besides, cant show everything yet... It would only serve to take away from the mystery :shhh:

I ordered a set via your webpage a while ago, I know these things take time...Can't wait!!

I don't see anything posted about how far the first optics needs to be placed from the ashperic collimator lens?