Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cutting a square out of white papaer

My "swappable" build.

A130 at 940mA.

I could have gone around it one time, but I'm known for overkill. Thanks for looking

Thank you... some people don't like the "plumbing" look. I have been able to split the compression ring and make it so you can adjust the nut tight with just your finger.

I've also turned the ring around so it flush mounts. This gives me the ability to swap
modules from unit to unit.

I can go from a green module with 3 AAA to a 405nm unit running 3 10440 in series or parallel. A LOC with every driver and battery combo.

I just started using a 18650 in it with just 2 modifications... a o-ring and pressing the compression nut up the unit 5mm more.

The heatsinking of the compression nut pressed into the head of the unit itself is
quite surprising and very efficient.... IMHO. Thanks for looking

SNC00525.jpg

SNC00527.jpg

SNC00530.jpg

SNC00531.jpg

SNC00532.jpg

SNC00534.jpg

SNC00533.jpg

No idea on mW... based on others at the about the same mA it should be in the 900mW
to 1 W range. Burns fingers on adjustment. I'll post more pics and vids of this unit when I get some more time. Thanks for the kind words thus far, it is a good thing to have the backing of peers.:)

snypr

Very nice build....ingenious using a compression fitting!

Benm

Nicely done, seems like an interesting way to heatsink the diode!

As for the looks: i like the hexagonal parts on it, gives it a sturdy industrial look overall. I think it would be even nicer if you could do the whole battery holding part as a big piece of hexagonal rod or connected nuts. That would aid heatsinking, and make it really strong - probaly enough to run a car over and remain intact ;)

I love the look of the laser! You should make up a kit or something, lol Id buy one.

Cheers
Dave

awlego

I saw this and just for kicks tried it with my PHR today... what do you know? It worked! On white paper I had a nice blue color and successfully cut a square.... only with a much less impressive laser and muucccchhh slower.

Sweet laser man.