Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom host with Key / side clicker?

Wmacky

Looking for a new host. I really like the larger "lightsaberish" custom hosts, but this time I wouldn't mind a side clicker, as well as a tail cap key interlock. I don't see these options added to many custom hosts, but I do see them as features on those Mag-light conversions. I just don't like the mag-light "bell end" look for a laser host.

Then I saw the 3 diode Tri Host by Mrcrouse! I like the look much better than a standard mag conversion. Would a single diode version of this host be my best bet or are there other options? Here's the host from Mrcrouse's thread:

IMG_1642.jpg

Last edited:

IF it was me I would send him what I want and he can do just about any thing you want.. I have seen some he has done just off of sketches some one has drawn. The mag body would be a good start and just find a adapter that changes the over all look of the thing.. Just my op

Wmacky

They do appear to do wonderful work! My module test stand Just arrived from Mcrouse, Nd it's just what I wanted!

Looking at the offerings, I like the thinner custom head that Mcrouse used on the "Tri" host, although I would shorten it some, not needing the additional optics space for a single diode. Jayrob seems to have the Keyswitch I want along with that nifty voltage monitor. Perhaps Jarob could do a thinner sleeker custom head, or I could piece something together from both vendors?

Question about the Silver 2D mag. Is that an actual silver color, or is it just anodized bare aluminium? I'm hoping the silver Mag would match a new bare head as is without the need to strip it?

Last edited: