Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom cnc machining

I hope I'm posting this is the right section. If not let me know and I'll move it accordingly.

I work for a company called cncmadness and we specialize in prototyping and small batch production. We can cut any material and have a large stock of plastics, carbon fiber, fiberglass, and aluminum. We are a small company located in British Columbia Canada and we ship all US orders from sumas WA to save time on shipping. If you're looking for custom parts check out our site at cncmadness.com if you want a quote just send us an email and we will get back to you promptly. You can also reply to this thread and Ill try to answer any questions. Cheers.

if you can provide detailed hand drawings with the dimensions you need we can most likely draw up the cad files for you.

Have you built any laser pointer hosts yet? I see photo's of drones on your web page made of plastic, do you do much with aluminum. How large a diameter piece of round aluminum can your machine handle?

94Z28

Can you work with copper? from 12mm up to 35mm? if so shoot me a message..

Most of our online business is drone related but we do lots of other stuff. What you're seeing is carbon fiber not plastic. I have built a few lasers myself so I know what's up. We do a lot of aluminum and can handle fairly large stock. We can do copper as well.

Great, but how large,? I am a pig when it comes to host diameter; four inches diameter, five, even six are of interest to me. My pointers usually have large PCX expander lenses on them which makes the output tube large.

Reactions: Sta
Well, 3 to 6 inch diameter I was asking about isn't as heavy as might be thought, it is simply a thin walled tube to hold the lens, not a thick piece of aluminum or the heat sink itself which might be 2 or 3 inches diameter and even then, lighter due to having deep fins.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Good news Alaskan. :) More beam expanded lasers. ;)
Nice to see you offering a CNC service EliteFunk, I am sure many will want to use your services here. :)

Thanks. Since most of our business is custom racing drones and we're in the off season now we're looking to expand into other areas. Since I was pretty active here a few years ago I knew this would be a good place to offer our services. I'm doing a flashlight build myself right now and I'm planning on building a cutting laser for one of our machines as well. That pic in your signature is one of the best laser shots I've ever seen btw.

Thanks. Since most of our business is custom racing drones and we're in the off season now we're looking to expand into other areas. Since I was pretty active here a few years ago I knew this would be a good place to offer our services. I'm doing a flashlight build myself right now and I'm planning on building a cutting laser for one of our machines as well. That pic in your signature is one of the best laser shots I've ever seen btw.
He must have used all the fog machines ever made, at once. ;) :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Lol, the display in the signature wasn't actually made by me. It was a British installation in Preston to mark the start of the Olympic Games. Wish I could though. :D