Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom 594 sale $375us. SOLD

Sta

The laser just arrived today.

I am abolutely appalled by the condition in which this laser was sent to me. The packing was amateurish, it was packed like it was done by a 10-year-old in 5 minutes.
Furthermore, the laser was completely dead on arrival. Unbelievable!

Just kidding :crackup:

It was packed incredibly well. It took at least 10 minutes to unpack the damn thing! But when I did there was a very nice reward, this beautiful unit.
I love this laser. It feels very nice in the hand and plus, it's way over the rated power! I measured it on my LPM and it got to 25mW!!
Only complaint is that the divergence isn't perfect, but that is a small price to pay for such an amazing laser.

Thanks BBB!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

The laser just arrived today.

I am abolutely appalled by the condition in which this laser was sent to me. The packing was amateurish, it was packed like it was done by a 10-year-old in 5 minutes.
Furthermore, the laser was completely dead on arrival. Unbelievable!

Just kidding :crackup:

It was packed incredibly well. It took at least 10 minutes to unpack the damn thing! But when I did there was a very nice reward, this beautiful unit.
I love this laser. It feels very nice in the hand and plus, it's way over the rated power! I measured it on my LPM and it got to 25mW!!
Only complaint is that the divergence isn't perfect, but that is a small price to pay for such an amazing laser.

Thanks BBB!!!

Far out man I'm at work just clicked your email and my hart actually stopped for a second when I read what you were saying, But then I thought that can't be write I built this laser very well, I'm so glad you're happy with it buddy,

In the thread I mentioned that I had scratched the collimating lens and had to improvise. So it has an acrilic lens that you can unscrew and replace, A G2 gives 2 00. Overlapping each other, I didn't try a 3 element I have a feeling it will fix it wright up, Thanks buddy!

Reactions: Sta

Sta

Far out man I'm at work just clicked your email and my hart actually stopped for a second when I read what you were saying, But then I thought that can't be write I built this laser very well, I'm so glad you're happy with it buddy,

In the thread I mentioned that I had scratched the collimating lens and had to improvise. So it has an acrilic lens that you can unscrew and replace, A G2 gives 2 00. Overlapping each other, I didn't try a 3 element I have a feeling it will fix it wright up, Thanks buddy!

Great, thanks. I've tried unscrewing the lens a bit and it seems to stop working if you unscrew it too much, so I won't mess with it for a few days. Either way I need more 3-element lenses so I'll go buy some from Jordan!

This laser likes it warm if you haven't noticed, don't be scared to exceed the Rigel duty cycle!

Sta

This laser likes it warm if you haven't noticed, don't be scared to exceed the Rigel duty cycle!

Yes of course! I love the heatsinking! It's so much better than my Rigel that the Rigel looks like a child's toy next to it. :crackup:

Edit: strange! The LED doesn't seem to work. Could I be doing something wrong?

Last edited:
No no unless CNI can explain exactly what its meant for I have no idea, it comes on at the weardest times, it's a Led on the driver I just thought I would make it noticeable with some optic fibre, I've noticed it comes on when the module is warm but then it has come on on cold also, But it's not broken don't worry, you will see it come on eventually!

Not sure if you have seen some of the vids but if you watch this one u see it comes on just after few seconds when mode stabilises!

https://youtu.be/9-DGCJmcBGU

Last edited:

Sta

Yeah I got the LED to come on. How do you get the end cap to stay in?

Just give it a little twist bro, I couldn't do threads on such a thin hobby alloy inner tube, but if you twist it until you feel the tightness done!

Sta

Twisting worked a few times but it won't do anything anymore. I'm having to put aluminum foil on the tailcap and it's a bit frustrating...

Edit: Can't get it to stay at all anymore.

Edit 2: Laser barely even works. Nothing is output unless I force the tailcap.

Last edited:
Twisting worked a few times but it won't do anything anymore. I'm having to put aluminum foil on the tailcap and it's a bit frustrating...

Edit: Can't get it to stay at all anymore.

Ok maybe not the best design for a end cap but what I did is punch 2 small craters with a centre punch on the inside barrel, just enough to grip and complete your positive, even a scratch on the inside with a knife should do the trick! Try that see how you go!

It's a simple fix buddy please don't stress, The positive connection needs to be solid on these lasers witch is why I soldered the spring to the pin, aluminium is soft just pop a little crater with a nail and hammer on the pin and it'll be fine,

Last edited:
Please keep in mind the module is pressed in place to line up perfectly with the button but if you put pressure on the module it can slip out from the button, so don't put extensions on the spring or anything just do what I asked and I'm positive it will be fine!

Sta

I did some scratching with a knife and it works fine for now. I'll use the nail and hammer if things go wrong. Thanks!

I did some scratching with a knife and it works fine for now. I'll use the nail and hammer if things go wrong. Thanks!

I'm glad Dan!

Just take care with it like you would any Rigel and you should be fine!
Any problems send me a PM!

Sta

Right now pretty much no matter how good the batteries are or how good the connection is it just outputs a small amount of 593.5 and then goes straight to green.
Edit: Seems to have been a temperature issue. At least this increases my post count. lol

Last edited:
Yikes, 25mW's of 593.5 Sta? That's on par with some of the highest lasers we've seen in that wavelength here. UK has a 100mW MGL-H, and I believe Chixulub had a 40mW pointer from LG. That is a beast! :)

-Alex

Right now pretty much no matter how good the batteries are or how good the connection is it just outputs a small amount of 593.5 and then goes straight to green.
Edit: Seems to have been a temperature issue. At least this increases my post count. lol

OOOHHH, that's not good. So sorry for you.