Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Currently Active Users: 43377 (459 members and 42918 guests)

Don't know what's driving it, but our "guests on line" count is sky rocketing. :thinking:

06-21-2013, 03:54 PM
44001OnlineUsers0853PMGMT20130622-1.jpg

06-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Crazy! When was the last time? Few years ago right?

Last time was: 4-27-2010 at 03:44 AM - 26,311 users online

Last edited:

Lolvo

Hm...maybe they should buy some lasers from my thread...

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Wonder if they are bots? That's really weird. Unless the forum was mentioned on CNN or some popular site/channel for some article related to lasers?

Wonder if they are bots? That's really weird. Unless the forum was mentioned on CNN or some popular site/channel for some article related to lasers?

Agreed. Is is growing every second. Could it be some kind of attack?

EDIT: it looks to average about 1 user every 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Do da research dey do? :)
I'm assuming a lot of members are checking things out but just aren't logged in, and a good amount of people are too shy, or lurking. Don't want to sign up until they have a better grasp of the hobby//interest, and have something to contribute or say, but Idk I could be wrong in my assumption. Plus, with the drive from WL's new online ad campaign more and more people are getting introduced to lasers everyday, and think they're cool, but don't want to pay over $400 for a 1+W laser. Just my thoughts though, again could be wrong, but I assume that counts for a good portion of those.

Last edited:
Someone could of googled Styropyro from the youtube vid that appeared on the news a week or so ago, but Bots is a good possibility

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That was my first though, that WL had released some crazy new product, but it seem to be changing too fast for that.

Hopefully not an attack, but really does look like some kind of bots.

Last edited:
That was my first though, that WL had released some crazy new product, but it seem to be changing too fast for that.

Hopefully not an attack, but really does look like some kind of bots.

Do you have access to the forum's Google Analytics? That would be interesting to see.

csshih

online.php had been changed to artificially inflate the number of online users.

Normally, forums display either 15 minutes or 1 hour of visitors, but in this forum's case it's over 3 days. Who knows what else has been done.

Reactions: ARG

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Do you have access to the forum's Google Analytics?

Unfortunately I don't.

Looking at it again, there don't seem to be any more members registering than normal, so I am going to say it's bots. Out of all those guests you'd think some would sign up, even if only 1 in 100 of the ~40,000 did it would be a LOT for one day.