Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Current Tritium Sources - USA?

IsaacT

Hey everyone,

I am working on a project right now that is going to require Tritium tubes around the sizes of 1mm x 3mm to 2mm x 10mm(just somewhere in that range) and I was wondering if anyone knew of sources that sold not only sizes of that range but also various colors rather than just the green.

The other caveat is that I need a seller who is able to ship to the USA as the sight I had found won't ship here.

I know there have been tritium tubes used for various custom hosts so I figured this might be the best place to ask.

This is unrelated to Trit tubes but if anyone has a source for quality lab made sapphires I would love to know. The only thing I can find is out of Thailand or India and I have no guarantee of quality. Hail Mary, but who knows.

Thanks guys,

Isaac

EDIT: Daxlight.com was going to be my Trit source and gemsngems.com was the gem source out of Thailand.

Last edited:

I'm not in the USA but you might want to check to see if Fasttech will ship to there, I've got a couple trit vials from Fasttech and if they ship here I don't see why they couldn't ship the the US.

It looks like this is what measures your dimensions closest:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10019709/4159008-2-12mm-trit-vials-tritium-tube

Edit: I also just got a 22mm long vial, glows brighter than expected, very cool stuff. It looks like green is usually the brightest.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Isaac, you might take a look at these from CN Quality Goods, they're 1.5mm x 6mm.
Banggood has a few, but they're quite a bit larger than you're looking for.

BTW - Nice hearing from you again, been a while. :)

Edit: After looking at Fasttech's site, it looks as if they have the best supply; you nailed it EP!

Last edited:
Hi, Issac. I found lab grown sapphires on eBay and Amazon, both. Since they are lab, or synthetic, stones the quality shouldn't be an issue. Are you looking for blue or other colors? Depending on size, they can be quite affordable compared to natural stones of the same quality.

Benm

If you're in the USA and they will ship to europe it would be no problem to send the package on from here, just ask ;) The smaller ones should not be that fragile and could be easily shipped.

I'd really recommend getting the green (or yellow) ones in any case, they are visible much brighter than any other color - not that they produce more light per se, it's just that the eye is more sensitive to it.

I had some nice keychain ones (in a strong plastic tube with a little hole for a keyring) but lost them at some point, maybe time to get new ones.

Yeah, this has gotten me thinking of buying some tritium capsules. I'm not sure that among the brightest colors will be yellow since I believe the green is the natural color and the others are made with fluorescent materials. The photos of the different colors seem to show the yellow as quite dark, but I don't know how much one can go by that.

Yeah, I should have looked it up as I have it right here in a text. It's been a very long day. Sorry.

IsaacT

These are great responses, thank you! Does anyone know if the phosphor used for the different colors(I assume they aren't single wavelength emissions) produce different intensities of light? Or does it just come down to human eye sensitivity?

As far as sapphires go, I'm looking for blue and clear sapphires in the larger, 12mm and up range. Specific cuts are tough to find in Flame Fusion sapphires but I guess that is the downfall of getting a sapphire that size that won't cost more than my car. Lol

The sapphires I saw on eBay and Amazon in that size ran about $200.00 to $400.00 each. The cut you will have to look for as they are offered in many different faceting options, but the emerald cut seemed to be the most popular.

Last edited:

Benm

Afaik it has to do with both the efficiency of the phosphor and the eye sensitivity. Green seems to be best overall here.

The output is not really monochromatic like a laser, but not an overly broad spectrum either. It could be comparable to that of a colored LED.

As far a camera's go: those don't really 'like' narrowband yellow, they only have red, green and blue sensitive sensors. Natural sources of yellow light like around a sunset or a sandy beach are no problem since the spectrum is quite wide, but something like sodium streetlight can pose a challenge to a camera.

Another factor is that if you use automatic white balance it may try to adjust yellow to white (mistaking the actual scene for a sunny afternoon) so the color is not represented as-is.

Hey everyone,

I am working on a project right now that is going to require Tritium tubes around the sizes of 1mm x 3mm to 2mm x 10mm(just somewhere in that range) and I was wondering if anyone knew of sources that sold not only sizes of that range but also various colors rather than just the green.

The other caveat is that I need a seller who is able to ship to the USA as the sight I had found won't ship here.

I know there have been tritium tubes used for various custom hosts so I figured this might be the best place to ask.

This is unrelated to Trit tubes but if anyone has a source for quality lab made sapphires I would love to know. The only thing I can find is out of Thailand or India and I have no guarantee of quality. Hail Mary, but who knows.

Thanks guys,

Isaac

EDIT: Daxlight.com was going to be my Trit source and gemsngems.com was the gem source out of Thailand.

Looky here. https://www.unitednuclear.com/

vrr3mb.png

If this isn't the shadiest thing I couldn't tell you what is lol

Encap

I'm not in the USA but you might want to check to see if Fasttech will ship to there, I've got a couple trit vials from Fasttech and if they ship here I don't see why they couldn't ship the the US.

It looks like this is what measures your dimensions closest:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10019709/4159008-2-12mm-trit-vials-tritium-tube

Edit: I also just got a 22mm long vial, glows brighter than expected, very cool stuff. It looks like green is usually the brightest.

Since you are in Canada --SRBT Canada makes tritium lights tubes and signs of all types and of all sizes. You might be able to source some there.
See: SRB Technologies (Canada) Inc

The other and world's largest makers of miniature Gaseous Tritium Light Souces(GTLS)/tritium lights is mb micortec in Switzerland see tube size range here: Sources ? trigalight®

Last edited:
Last edited: