Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cree Q4 Host

Hello everyone, i was at the store today and i saw a perfect looking host, and it said on the flashloght it was a cree Q4 host. I would have bought it but it came as a complete flashlight and it was $35. Does anyone have a cree Q4 host they have or know of (preferably under $15) that accepts two lithium batteries (ex. cr123a or 16340s).

Thanks for any help!

IsaacT

Q4 is(as far as I know) the emitter used in the flashlight. If you were to take a picture of the light you want the host from, we might could find something similar for you :beer:

IsaacT

Only host I can think of that looks like that is the Skyray King Flashlight. But it will run you a similar amount of money, actually more most likely. But the issue you will have here is that with that kind of size, the price tag will jump.

When picking your host it is easiest to choose something that is common because heatsinks are readily available at cheap prices. When you pick a random flashlight to tickle your fancy you have to send it to a machinist on here to have them make your heatsink. I use mrcrouse for the majority of my machining needs and would highly recommend him, there are also other great machinists on here.

Ok, can you give some good, bigger hosts that are widely compatible with heatsinks and such, that take 2x 16340 batteries, and have a friendly price tag? That's mostly what I am looking for.

Ok, can you give some good, bigger hosts that are widely compatible with heatsinks and such, that take 2x 16340 batteries, and have a friendly price tag? That's mostly what I am looking for.

Your looking at $40-$50 i dunno if thats is friendly enough for you... you are not going to find anything for $15 unless someone is doing some spring cleaning.

IsaacT

I may have something up your alley that I would be willing to part with. I'll PM you with the details shortly. #springcleaning ;)

Last edited:
Awesome, I think I might take up ur offer on that, wannaburnstuff. Thanks.

i have two super nice hosts that are nothing but one bid heat sink......heard of the magic stick V1 & V2???? search them ^^^^^. all aluminum host and the top part/head is the heat sink. finned for better cooling and polished to almost mirror finish. can take either 2x 16340's or i have an extended tube that takes 2x 18650's :)

ToolKing.com: Nebo 5587 US Army TAC-180 Flashlight

There is a link to one. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you can find a widely used and very compatible host that is like this one that would be awesome! ��

Is it just me ? ... or this host looks like the saik sa 305 ? ...

SAiK SA-305 Cree Q2 WC 3-Mode 140LM White LED Flashlight (3*AA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

i have two super nice hosts that are nothing but one bid heat sink......heard of the magic stick V1 & V2???? search them ^^^^^. all aluminum host and the top part/head is the heat sink. finned for better cooling and polished to almost mirror finish. can take either 2x 16340's or i have an extended tube that takes 2x 18650's :)

And the magic sticks are awesome ! ^^ :beer:

Last edited:
^^^ it prob is a knockoff saik but at a heightened price :crackup:

EDIT: didnt you sell your MS V3?

Last edited:
They are some of the nicest looking hosts made and I really like how "rare" they are compared to say the C6 or 501B

Ok guys, new question, still related to host though. Do you guys know where to get standard c6 hosts from the USA? China takes up to six weeks :( . Im willing to pay a little extra for one in the usa. Thanks guys!