Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Couple of photos of an optotronics 225mW

It's not a review as I have no testing kit, just a couple of photos.  First is vertically into the night sky.  Taken with no flash with a Canon 10D, even though both were on a marble slab in the garden there is some slight distortion due to wobble, there's a road 200yds away with lots of container trucks and the ground does vibrate slightly.

102338878.jpg

Second, indoors. Camera wasn't on a tripod hence a bit fuzzy.  There's no smoke, this is the beam as you see it.

102338881.jpg

I don't know, I have no meter but it was on setting 9 (max) as it's the adjustable sort.

I've lost the key already alas, I need to make a more permanent arrangement with a small opticians screwdriver. As it's aluminium I don't think I can use a rare-earth disk magnet to attach which is a shame, those little disks will stick like they're glued if there's steel/nickel to attach to.

Ace82

Didn't it come with a certificate with Jack's indicated adverage power output? Check inside the static proof bag, I was so excieted when I got mine that I over looked it!

Warning, newb question. How come beams show up very thick when taking their picture? I know all the greenies I have seen have a hair thin beam when viewed with the naked eye.

Rangedunits said:
It cost 30$ for certificate.

That's for this.

laser-certification.jpg

All of the RPL lasers come with a "letter" that contains specs, directions and some other stuff. Jack writes the average output, using a full battery, near the bottom.

Ace82

I should have used the word "letter" rather then certificate. But I'm sure you have one, because he tests out each unit before he ships, he has the general information anyway. This is what it looks like:

Attachments

• RPL_blue_35.jpg
    RPL_blue_35.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 154

VW

Is that a helicopter I see at the tip of the beam lol? Nahh, just kidding. Nice!

Man, I am really missing my 225 right about now... Still waiting for it to be sent back for repairs.

Well that is if I do get the unit back... However, I am considering on doing their upgrade program. In any case, those pics are making me miss the 225 right now. Must be patient.

Johnny_C said:
I don't know, I have no meter but it was on setting 9 (max) as it's the adjustable sort.  

I've lost the key already alas, I need to make a more permanent arrangement with a small opticians screwdriver. As it's aluminium I don't think I can use a rare-earth disk magnet to attach which is a shame, those little disks will stick like they're glued if there's steel/nickel to attach to.

it may be a good idea not to run the laser on setting 9 for too long too often. its the amount of current being sent to the diode and wont increase the output, instead run down your battery quicker and heating up the unit quicker. on the notes Jack would have stated the optimum setting for maximum efficiency.