Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Couple custom 532nm and a special 2W+ 462nm

Pman

Had a couple of Fasttech 5V 532nm modules left and was able to come up with pieces/parts from leftovers. The # on them are the max mW.

vUVvzF.jpg

iVa1jo.jpg

EaPt9o.jpg

My pics aren't too hot but this is a 2W+ DTR module in a MrCrouse host provided by my good friend Lazerbeak:) Definitely one of the easiest builds I've ever put together. You can easily see the lighter color compared to my Blord 445nm 2.5W unit against a black background. The light blue bands around the host cutouts are actually rubber bands that look quite nice. I have since changed the yellow sticker on it to a clear with black lettering;)

oNhuih.jpg

CgPhXv.jpg

Quite like this double image beam
sZVUPI.jpg

6ZB91P.jpg

UtkLB2.jpg

yynnCK.jpg

Easiest pic to see the color difference.
kqHgE8.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice Pete, can you actually see that much of a difference when they are side by side?

I like the rubber bands, I've been using them on my Ti-b's to identify the different wavelengths, they're cheap, and they look pretty good. :)

Pman

Yes. Wouldn't be able to guess probably on its own but side by side you can definitely see the difference. The 445 looks more purple. Easier to explain once you see it for yourself. Lazerbeak has a 642nm that to my eyes looks way nicer than any of my 635/638/650 units. That shade of red is fantastic. Looking at your sig I would say a 462nm would be a nice addition and you may like it better than your others.
I love green and have a LOT of 532nm units but the 515nm and 520nm have a much nicer shade of green that unless you compare to a 532nm first hand is hard to understand. Don't see hardly anyone going for the 462 and don't know anyone else who has a 642nm that I have noticed. Like I said, to me, the 445nm looks like it has a shade of purple in it in comparison. SF lasers calls the 462nm color sky blue and I would say that's a fair assessment.

No one seems too interested in this but I stand behind it as a definite nm to add to your collection.

Last edited:
The 642 looks Awesome Pman! Thanks for sharing. The diode and MrCrouse host are a great match.

Your 532s are very nice as well. I still carry the 532 you made for me everyday.

I'll post a side by side of the 642 soon. Many many thanks for helping me to get that one squared away. It's definitely my most unique red. Really dramatic being able to see a ruby beam like that. Amazing that you got everything into such a tiny host.

You are definitely the PenMeister :)

~ LB

pete

nice job as always I play with my set that I was fortunate to receive from you. I love my 532 i set it up with a lens set and see how far out i can get the focal point.

Pman

Nice to hear. Can't help keep saying it's just nice to have inexpensive yet fun lasers to mess with without the stress of damaging something expensive. Soooo much easier to handle a pen unit accurately too.

Looking good Pman! Thanks for sharing these. I'm getting ready to build a Kryton 2W 462 myself.Ii havent seen one in person but the description and pics sound very nice. I'm glad you are liking yours. good stuff.

Pman

Thanks guys.
I've seen other sites and other people describe the color the same way I do. Makes the standard 445/450 look like they have a dab of 405 in it. Easily seen in person.